Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

It's my first post here, hope I am in the right forum.

Got my PM last week. Well, some Promaster I should say, not the one I really wanted. Two options I really wanted (driver suspension seat and passenger swivel seat) were not available, at least according to my salesman in Canada.

But I found on Internet this product from a third party:

http://www.swivelsrus.com/promaster.htm

Any feedback on that adapter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi!

It's my first post here, hope I am in the right forum.

Got my PM last week. Well, some Promaster I should say, not the one I really wanted. Two options I really wanted (driver suspension seat and passenger swivel seat) were not available, at least according to my salesman in Canada.

But I found on Internet this product from a third party:

http://www.swivelsrus.com/promaster.htm

Any feedback on that adapter?

Thanks!

It seems to be the same as this one:

http://www.promasteraccessories.com/swivels.htm

Same price too.

I have been waiting to see if the factory swivels become available again. I have asked my salesman about it and he is checking on it. Have not heard back yet. If you decide to try these, be sure to post about your experience with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What is the driver suspension seat?

The swivel seat thing seems like a pretty good deal though. Are you going to go for it?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think this is a must for anyone that needs to get out often. Like a courier that works for UPS, Fedex, etc. Im sure those companies would order them with the swivel seats.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am definately interested in a swivel for the passenger side of my van. Seems like it would be a tight fit turning the seat and missing the B-pillar. I guess if it didn't work Chrysler wouldn't have it as an option, so guess there is no reason for me to worry about that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Swivel seat intrusion into cargo area?

I'm working on my RV plan and intend to have both front seats swivel.
I need to know how close I can put cabinets behind the driver's seat.
If anyone out there has a Promaster with swivel seat, please measure the maximum distance that the seat intrudes on the cargo area as it's swivelled into position.

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's the added "stack height" for the swivel? I personally wouldn't want to sit 3/4" higher. Maybe the seat mounting tower can be shortened by the same amount....but I'm sure there are good reasons not to be changing something so close to the seat, seat belts, etc. -Ken

·
Registered
330 Posts
What's the added "stack height" for the swivel? I personally wouldn't want to sit 3/4" higher. Maybe the seat mounting tower can be shortened by the same amount....but I'm sure there are good reasons not to be changing something so close to the seat, seat belts, etc. -Ken
1.25 inches

·
Registered
5 Posts
These swivel seats are imported from Europe. I'm pretty sure they are intended for the Dicato. Maybe they are one in the same, but I would wait.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JagdPaul, I also believe that the swilvel adapter is made for the Ducato III, but I am pretty sure the seats are identical.

I just registered on a French forum called www.trafic-amenage.com. It's mostly on van transformations for recreational purposes.

What I will do is take close-up pictures of the seat and check with a Ducato III owner on that forum.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers!

·
Registered
330 Posts
JagdPaul, I also believe that the swilvel adapter is made for the Ducato III, but I am pretty sure the seats are identical.

I just registered on a French forum called www.trafic-amenage.com. It's mostly on van transformations for recreational purposes.

What I will do is take close-up pictures of the seat and check with a Ducato III owner on that forum.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers!
I doubt the swivelsrus.com adapters are the same as the factory swivels.

If you look at the owners manual 3rd edition pages 74-79, the standard seat controls are different from the swivel seat controls. On the standard seats, the recliner adjustment is a knob up on the side of the seat back. On the swivel seat, the recliner adjustment is a lever in the front of the seat just below the cushion on the outboard side of the seat. Pages 76 and 77. The swivel lever is in the front just below the cushion on the inboard side of the seat. Page 79. The standard seat does not have a swivel lever. The height adjustments are also different. On a standard seat, the height adjustments are buttons on the side. On the swivel seat, the height adjustment are knobs on the side. Pages 75 & 76.

If you have a standard seat and a swivels r us adapter, the swivel lever (or button) will likely be on the adapter itself, perhaps the red button showing in the photo on their website. That won't be quite as easy to reach as the lever on the factory swivel.

According to the video I posted in the Promaster RV thread, the seats in the Winnebago Trend (and the Trovato) are factory seats with swivels. I was at an RV show today with the Winnebago Trend. The seats matched those in the owners manual for swivel seats. Here is a photo of the swivel seat. The swivel lever is the plastic piece just below the cushion on the right.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The swivel lever is in the front just below the cushion on the inboard side of the seat. Page 79.
Hi tgblake,

Well, it looks like that the swivel seat is only available in the Owner Manual! If you go build your own here:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/bmo/CUT201400/models.do

The swivel seat is not offered anymore.

For the "swivelsrus" swivel, I noticed that it seams to be a "universal" adapter, since it is the same for Nissan and Sprinter van.

I think that this one is more specific to the Promaster:

http://www.vantracks.co.uk/details.php?Clv=&C1=&C2=&C3=&id=13

It seams that they ship in USA, Australia and New Zealand, but not Canada. Wish I lived in a real country ;-)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi tgblake,

Well, it looks like that the swivel seat is only available in the Owner Manual! If you go build your own here:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/bmo/CUT201400/models.do

The swivel seat is not offered anymore.

In the online build at Ramtrucks.com there is a package called Winnebago Cargo Package. It includes the following:

12V Interface Block
16 X 6 Aluminum Wheels
Driver Swivel Seat
Exterior Badging Kit
Front License Plate Bracket
GPS
Backup Camera
Passenger Swivel Seat
Power Folding/Heated Mirrors
Premium Appearance Group
Rear Hinged Doors with Fixed Glass
Sirius Satellite Radio
Speed Control
Trailer Tow Group
UConnect 5.0 Radio

MSRP $1,880

The individual MSRP for those items would add up to over $3,500.

So I asked my sales guy if I could order that package, knowing that the answer would be "No"

His reply was "that Package should not even be on the Website".

It is designed for Winnebago to order for building the Travato and Trend RV's.

So perhaps the Owners Manual references to a swivel seat are for Winnebago Owners.

I asked the sales guy if the swivel seats will ever be available again and he said he thought they would. I am not so sure.

The cynic in me thinks that Winnebago demanded exclusivity on swivel seats to make it harder for DIY Camper Conversions.

Another interesting thing I found on the build site last week. The trailer tow package was listed as a separate item to be ordered. If you selected it, a message would pop up saying that would require the Winnebago Cargo Package.

This week, the Trailer Tow Package is no longer listed as a separate item.

WTF? Expect that Winnebago Cargo Package to disappear soon.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Another interesting thing I found on the build site last week. The trailer tow package was listed as a separate item to be ordered. If you selected it, a message would pop up saying that would require the Winnebago Cargo Package.

Yes I know I am quoting myself!

Either I missed it yesterday or they changed it again but I now see the Trailer Tow Group back on the Online Build page. It is under Exterior items and it still requires the Winnebago Cargo Package.

Sorry for the thread drift but I wanted to correct the record. Now back to the original post on Swivel Seats.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I doubt the swivelsrus.com adapters are the same as the factory swivels.

.......cut.......

According to the video I posted in the Promaster RV thread, the seats in the Winnebago Trend (and the Trovato) are factory seats with swivels. I was at an RV show today with the Winnebago Trend. The seats matched those in the owners manual for swivel seats. Here is a photo of the swivel seat. The swivel lever is the plastic piece just below the cushion on the right.
That was a good video by the way. A little long but informative -- also shows how little some people know about the products they represent.

Anyway, one of the points made during video was that leather seats were not available as a custom option because the seats have air bags built-in for side protection. This reminded me of issue of swivel base for front seats and possible wiring/interlock concerns due to airbags. When looking for a swivel base for my Ford this came up due to length of wire harness under seat.

I don't know how factory swivel works, but expect that it "may" deactivate airbags and or "may" not allow engine to start if seats are not facing forward. I'd want to know if non-factory swivel bases are completely compatible.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
.....cut.....

WTF? Expect that Winnebago Cargo Package to disappear soon.
Some information from RAM has been hard to find on consistent basis. Towing is one that has been a mess from beginning. This last week I saw the trailer hitch listed as a Class V on one RAM page.

Regarding Winnebago package, I also expect name to change or go away. It does seem like a great deal for many looking to build a camper. And I'm not sure how Winnebago or other Class B builders would feel about the Winnebago brand being used by competitors. I hope they keep it and just name it something else like RV Prep Package, or whatever.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm new to this forum......but anyhow, I found news on production of the diesel version here...(I was actually checking on the status of another vehicle I ordered, the ram 1500 td)

[URL="http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx"]http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx[/URL]

This was posted in the Diesel availability thread but it also references the swivel seats. It says they will be available beginning 12/1/14. Not good news if you need them now, but at least they are saying the swivels will be available in the future.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good news for me, I don't need the swivel seats anymore. I finally noticed that the the cargo floor is much lower than the cabin floor, so, with the seat rotated 180 degrees, my feet would not touch the floor and I would feel like a little kid. :)

1 - 20 of 169 Posts