Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While I see it's been done in euro VW vans, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with putting a Promaster front passenger bench seat on a swivel?

The vehicle we got came with a bench and at first, I was considering finding someone to trade with, but if a swivel could work it would be nice to have a little bit more seating.

Thoughts?

Thank you! Jerimiah

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I considered this for a moment myself ...

In a normal installation, the swivel mounts between the top of the single seat base and the seat. The double seat (or bench) appears to be a one-piece unit with an armature going from the area of the front inboard floor mount to the back of the middle seat, giving support. Its all welded together; no separate seat and base. I suppose its theoretically possible, but just about any other option would be preferable, simpler.

So no. Its not built to accommodate a swivel.

However, cross your fingers (please), the swap option might look much better pretty soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also have a bench seat and disappointed it's fixed and does not even recline. I added 3/4" spacers under the front bolts to recline it a bit from vertical, but still very upright. I would like to find a bucket seats for the future. Is one available as an assembly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts