Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
For the rattle you can try lining it with a stick on foam lining tape, or something with that same idea to it. Ghetto approach but it's cheap and would take away rattling at the door when it makes contact.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Over a thousand dollars seems really expensive for this divider. I would be expecting to spend closer to $700 on it. The materials and everything can't possibly warrant that price.

I wonder if it would be hard to make something yourself, if you are a handy person like that.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
I made my own flexible partition with a plexiglass window. I don't need a walk through door because I got the wide passenger seat.

Anyway, imagine a curtain made of two-inch-thick lined cotton batting insulation with a rectangle cut in it and fitted with a plexiglass window. It drapes behind the front seats and accommodates any kind of tilting I do with the driver's seat.

Provides very nice thermal and acoustic insulation and cost far less than $100.

I seamed together two of these (http://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTouch-48-in-x-75-in-Denim-Insulation-Hot-Water-Heater-Blanket-60301-48752/202710039) for the curtain and then lined it with cloth and cut to shape. Oh, and added the plexiglass window.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I made my own flexible partition with a plexiglass window. I don't need a walk through door because I got the wide passenger seat.

Anyway, imagine a curtain made of two-inch-thick lined cotton batting insulation with a rectangle cut in it and fitted with a plexiglass window. It drapes behind the front seats and accommodates any kind of tilting I do with the driver's seat.

Provides very nice thermal and acoustic insulation and cost far less than $100.

I seamed together two of these (http://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTouch-48-in-x-75-in-Denim-Insulation-Hot-Water-Heater-Blanket-60301-48752/202710039) for the curtain and then lined it with cloth and cut to shape. Oh, and added the plexiglass window.
Wow can you post some pictures of it? Sounds like what I want to do because I also want my seat to recline back as far as I want. And of course you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I lived in Scottsdale 1981-1987. My wife and I used brown shade cloth to make bug screens on all of our E150 openings. Front door windows, side and rear door openings. We used Velcro to attach it. We sanded the paint where we put it then used contact cement to glue the nap side. My wife sewed the prickly side to the shade screens. Worked great and lasted for years. Never had a problem with the glue coming loose.

Greg Hayden

1 - 13 of 13 Posts