Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 - Anyone get a suspension seat? Impressions?

2 - Also on the seat front: It seems like I cannnot get both a driver's side suspension seat and passenger's anything else when I use the Ram site to configurate a vehicle. Guessing/hoping this might be just glitchy web interface?

Seems like if I'm upgrading driver's seat to suspension and I can't do the same for passenger's, then I ought to be at least be able to get some if not all passenger's side lumbar/swivel/heated action going on, no?​

:)PP

·
Registered
625 Posts
I remember someone's comment about the suspension seat is that it works great for the small bumps that can be annoying. But for the bigger bumps it both amplifies AND delays them. That about matches with what I felt on the short test drive I had with one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got confirmation back from dealer so figured I'd post it. Below. Think I'm gonna pass on the suspension so don't have to stick with the plain one on the passenger's side.

> No you can’t upgrade the passenger’s seat, the reason I got was design of drivers seat being the suspension loses storage and access to certain electrical harnesses etc that is normally under that seat and they have to make up for it by shifting it over to being under the passengers seat. So if do the suspension seat the only option is the “plain jane” passengers seat or no seat.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Sorry for the thread drift but I just saw your signature. What's the weight of your 27' Airstream? Is it vintage or newer? I've read the weights on the newer Airstreams and can't believe how much more they weigh than the older ones. I ask because are you sure the Promaster can tow it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the thread drift but I just saw your signature. What's the weight of your 27' Airstream? Is it vintage or newer? I've read the weights on the newer Airstreams and can't believe how much more they weigh than the older ones. I ask because are you sure the Promaster can tow it?
It's 4500 pounds or just over if memory serves, which even if I add some stuff and some water should still come in under the 5100 rating for Promasters. I'll get the 4/7 pin break connection and drive like someone else's gramma (the women in my family evidently have a rare genetic condition resulting in lead deposits accumulating in their toes). ..though I'm guessing once I get the PM I'll pretty soon thereafter make it tour-worthy and shed the Airstream altogether.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are looking at adapting an aftermarket Knoedler Extreme Lowrider air suspension seat (with integrated 12v compressor) to the Promaster driver side and passenger side. Before making a significant investment in the development of a new riser, I'd like understand the need for this seat. It would be available in the US - a custom seat low profile suspension seat with upgrades like massage, heat, cooling, memory foam and pick of colors and fabrics. The swivel would probably need to be sacrificed for suspension height.

Also...does any one know any installers interested in doing some custom driver/passenger riser work in the San Francisco area? Maybe I should start another thread for that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts