Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Diesel Promaster but the customer service is a farce. Bought a new Promaster with a defective paint job. Long story short, corporate agreed with me and granted a repainting of the entire passenger side. None of the certified dealers have a painting booth big enough so they are looking to subcontract with an RV shop. Still waiting for a paint estimate from a Dodge dealer that is not going to do the work.:confused: 5 weeks out from my initial claim date and no resolution in sight. If Ram didn't have the infrastructure to provide service then the Promaster shouldn't have been introduced. Sadly, even if this van goes 500K with minimal issues I would be reluctant to recommend it soley based on the inexcusable customer service. If people have had positive experiences I would love to here them. I live between Seattle and Spokane WA.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had to have mine painted by a place that paints semi trucks. A paint booth that large is extremely expensive and I don't think you will find any RAM dealer in the US with a booth large enough. Mercedes has the same problem. Too bad your not interested in a vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry to hear of your service experience. I can tell you mine was awful. Honestly, I have never had a more frustrating experience in service after the sale of anything in my life. I am hoping to never have to go back to my dealer for anything. I know some PM owners have had great experiences with their dealers, but it seems it's not the norm for most of us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got my PM silver color with defect paint on passenger side. my local dealer got approval from GM and repaint free of charge. the same time body shop adjusted my sliding door.
it takes some time but finally they did job right
i went to see a dealer about 4 times.
3 1/2 star service

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have to chime in and give credit where credit is due! As some of you are aware I had a turbo go out during the first 300 miles of ownership and had to wait 30 plus days for parts. The first dealer Swanty's in Kingman AR. was great, they constantly kept me updated and the work that was done was done correctly. How do I know this, I have driven some 9000 plus miles since and the diesel runs awesome. The second dealer is Jack Powell in san Diego Ca. my local dealer. They took care of some smaller warranty issues and because I get free oil changes as part of my agreement with FCA I have them do this for me. The service side of this dealership is as first class as the Mercedes dealer I used in Newport Beach when I had a ML 320!

·
Registered
625 Posts
6000 miles in, have only been to the dealer once. And to top it off, that was during the current road trip.

First night out we get a "DEF service warning, see dealer" dash notice. We drove on to our camp for the night. Next day was two hours into Boise, ID. Drove into Larry H Miller Chrysler/RAM, told them the problem, including that I had topped up with DEF right before leaving. Two hours later we were back on the road. It needed a 'software update', they had seen a few of them like that.

Now, should it have done that to start with? No, probably not. But then, I should have taken it in to the dealer already and had them check it over while its doing good, get everything updated.

Oh, and I guess that technically I too have a 'defective' paint job. Yep, metallic silver on the long and tall model. Mostly noticeable just behind the sliding door. Drove me nuts for the first couple weeks. But now... now I honestly don't even notice it, and barely remembered it even after re-reading this thread a second time.

Overall, I have no problems recommending a diesel PM based on my experiences with the dealers and the van itself.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
My Sandstone Metallic is darker along the front of the panel behind the sliding door. Not much noticeable in sun but can easily be seen in early morning and evening. I'm OK with it and won't under any circumstances have someone try to match it up. Metallics seem hard to match and the last thing I want is a whole side of my van a different color than the other three sides! Nonmetallic primary colors are easy to paint. Light metallics.... not so much

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Sandstone Metallic is darker along the front of the panel behind the sliding door. Not much noticeable in sun but can easily be seen in early morning and evening. I'm OK with it and won't under any circumstances have someone try to match it up. Metallics seem hard to match and the last thing I want is a whole side of my van a different color than the other three sides! Nonmetallic primary colors are easy to paint. Light metallics.... not so much
Same here with my metallic silver 2015 3500 extended. I agree not worth having them repaint partial van I can live with some of the small spots only noticeable under certain light conditions. I would consider a partial vinyl wrap if anything in the future if it really bothers me but it doesn't right now!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uneven shading and on an upper panel the surface wasn't wiped clean completely so they sprayed over debris and now it is blistering. Looks like the sliding door was repainted and the sprayer randomly shot the metallic flakes. I'm not being overly picky, this van looks like it was in an accident. Something this poorly executed never should have left the factory.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts