Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Havent posted in awhile but pretty much complete with the build.Where do I start.
2 custom seats for the rear
CRL windows
Max fan
Thinsulate insulation
Sound deadening
Bedrug
Xantrex freedom hfs inverter
2 200 watt solar panels
Battleborn 100amp battery
Victron mppt 30 controller
Victron bmv 712 monitor
Sterling BB1230 DC smart charger
30amp shore power
PD5000 30 Amp AC/DC Power Control Panel Circuit Breakers
Swivel bases
Unistrut rack with fairing
Receiver hitch
Versatie tracks
Corrugated plastic walls
Ozite auto trim
Powder coated wheels
Amazon screens
Folding wall bed frame using Ikea brackets
Custom bed
Collapsing ladder
15% tint
Soon to add water tank and propane in place of spare tire.
Total cost $10k for the build.
1 year to build
Let me know what you think.thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am not sure the Sterling you list is right for the job. it takes a 24 volt input and the electrical system of the promaster is 12v.

I started with the exterior items first on mine, but that was to get them out of the van where they were stored between purchase and installation. So roof rack, windows, fan, hitch. Next the sound deadening and insulation. Run your wiring at this time so you have it all in place.

From there I would do the walls, ceiling, etc. Build the shell, then fill it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure the Sterling you list is right for the job. it takes a 24 volt input and the electrical system of the promaster is 12v.

I started with the exterior items first on mine, but that was to get them out of the van where they were stored between purchase and installation. So roof rack, windows, fan, hitch. Next the sound deadening and insulation. Run your wiring at this time so you have it all in place.

From there I would do the walls, ceiling, etc. Build the shell, then fill it.
Actually I have the sterling bb1230 which is 12v. 👍

·
Registered
131 Posts
What are the exact 200w solar panels you are using with that controller? Would also like to use 2 200w panels...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought all solar equipment through
Continous resources in Utah..only place that would ship solar panels for free and no tax.

Victron mmpt 100/30
200W 36 CELL 12V NOMINAL SOLAR PANEL - 5 BUSBAR

·
Registered
115 Posts
Where do you find corrugated panel? sign shop?
Also i'm so jealous you get to work inside a huge hanger. That is my dream man cave where i can house all my toys, tools and stay cool at the same time. I probably have more question, love the build. Would like to check out the van in the future, i'm in OC half of my week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are the exact 200w solar panels you are using with that controller? Would also like to use 2 200w panels...
Where do you find corrugated panel? sign shop?
Also i'm so jealous you get to work inside a huge hanger. That is my dream man cave where i can house all my toys, tools and stay cool at the same time. I probably have more question, love the build. Would like to check out the van in the future, i'm in OC half of my week.
Thanks!Yes sign shop or ask them where they get it. There's a place in Anaheim that sells direct to customers. When youre in the area let me know we can meet .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts