Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone add a subwoofer?
I don't know squat about those.
Is there a mono sub woof out on the uconnect stereo head?
If not, can I get a power unit that taps into the rear speakers at the upfitters connection?
Do the sub woof power units power up and down automatically when they sense speakers are on? that would be great , then I could power it from the upfitters power,,,

anyone done it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Haven't done it our vehicles but I have been an installer for 20+ years. Best amplifier to go with is a MTX, JL Audio or JBL. All, and possibly other brands have a current sensing high level input that make install much simpler. Meaning they accept a speaker level input and will turn on/off the this input.

Rear speaker wiring at the connector has to be programmed by the dealer as mentioned in other posts. Factory stereo does not have a mono or subwoofer output.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Gator - I added one to my factory UcantConnect and tapped into the front speakers. I did an upgrade to my UcantConnect and I lost all of my audio output from the head unit.

Be careful when adding an aftermarket amp to the factory unit. If it does fail like mine it wont be covered under warranty if you splice into any wires.

My Kicker audio amp and 10" sub absolutely slam inside of the van. You will want to add some sound damping to the van, which I havent done yet, but this will make for a more "solid" sound.

Attached is my fender well cover and sub enclosure. If you buy a slim sub or even an aftermarket all-in-one amp/sub combo (like a bazooka) it should fit under the driver seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I was looking at the bazooka under the driver seat option.....
I was thinking of getting the sound and power from the upfitters connection that I already have enabled and rear speakers working.

but thinking about it, the battery is closer for power.....
I've already tapped there for the hitch wiring kit and it was very easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts