Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
mikesee a poster here needs help and emailed me the following message:

"I wonder if I might trouble you?

I am parked near Kelvin, AZ. On the way down the hill from Superior my PM threw 2 codes at me, one was ATTCP. I can't find anything online to match that, but since it was accompanied by a red exclamation point I'm inclined to think it's not the run of the mill CEL and p2872 I've been getting so much lately.

I tried to login to the PM forum to ask these questions, but as you can see below was unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.”

Anyone got a hint to help a fellow poster? mikesee has a diesel perhaps 2015-16?

·
Registered
351 Posts
mikesee a poster here needs help and emailed me the following message:

"I wonder if I might trouble you?

I am parked near Kelvin, AZ. On the way down the hill from Superior my PM threw 2 codes at me, one was ATTCP. I can't find anything online to match that, but since it was accompanied by a red exclamation point I'm inclined to think it's not the run of the mill CEL and p2872 I've been getting so much lately.

I tried to login to the PM forum to ask these questions, but as you can see below was unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.”

Anyone got a hint to help a fellow poster? mikesee has a diesel perhaps 2015-16?
Looks like another clutch code:

Definition of check engine code P2872:

Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):

CLUTCH "A" STUCK ENGAGED

Reactions: RDinNHandAZ

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sorry Quest, I didn’t post his reply about what code was showing. His other code THIS time is P0571 (failure in the cruise control/brake light switch??????). He had a P2872 but has been dealing with that for some time like you, I believe. Anyone know what he should do? I advised him to restart and to NOT engage the cruise and see if the code is reset. I believe he has a reader/reset with him so I would probably reset everything if there wasn't a dealer nearby to get a diagnosis from.
The mystery is what is the ATTCP! that came up! It is no ODB code as far as I can see.
Anyone got a clue? I don’t, as usual.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd drive it unless it strands him somewhere.

Just think of the CEL's as Xmas lights :)

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MsNomer cals them Italian Mood Lights. I’d drive it too. I haven’t heard from him this morning so hope he has been OK.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is sort of interesting the diesels are not returning emissions codes any more but instead a few are getting clutch codes. I’m confident we will have a flash update for it as there seems to be no symptoms of any failure and no mechanical problem has been found or reported. The gas vans have had a few transmission issues 9not many really) and they don’t throw codes when a flex plate cracks. I don’t expect the gas vans to show engine codes as that engine has had so long a run already. The few other engine failures there have been disconcerting but statistically this is a very reliable vehicle either system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
No, sorry Quest, I didn’t post his reply about what code was showing. His other code THIS time is P0571 (failure in the cruise control/brake light switch??????)..
P0571error code should be "P0571 Cruise control, circuito A interruttore freno"
Translated is "cruise control, circuit A of brake switch"

So a problem related to the circuit that includes the switch of the brake pedal (that should be a switch with double internal circuit, one for brake ligth and the other that is used as signal for other function such as cruise control).

ATT CP could be, but is only a guees, ATTention Cruise control Problem.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikesee still can’t get on the forum but emailed me this morning to let us know he IS having a symptom that he has had before I believe. I misstated the NO Symptom thinking NO Failure, which are different things. The clutch seems to “feather” when shifting. It looks like Friday will be his next attempt to run the van and he will post up or email then.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Thanks Ralph. Made it home without issue, which is NOT the same as without an additional CEL and P2872. Clutch/shift feather is as bad as it's ever been.

My brake lights and cruise control both seem to be functioning fine. Not sure what that code, nor the ATTCP were about.

Dropping it at dealer tomorrow AM. Very frustrated with how long this has gone on. Dealer has no idea what ATTCP is, nor does Star. Nothing confidence inspiring about that.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to see you are home and back posting. Good luck. You may be the test case for that P2872. I know you will get all the information you can on what it’s about and will post it. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts