Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
not me! those things stick out way to far. I tow a 23' travel trailer and the factory small mirrors see around it just fine. I see absolutely no need for the big mirrors. The van is not capable of towing anything big enough to warrant the large mirrors in my opinion. but to each their own

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate my extra wide mirrors. I clipped the mirror of a parked truck with my passenger side one on a narrow city street when an oncoming car wouldn’t move over. It slammed back into the folded position and was pretty stove in. And they aren’t cheap - lots of wiring for the motors for upper and lower glass and the heat and turn signal. So far I’m using the black duct tape option. :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are we talking power folding heated mirrors here? I like ours a lot, but then I have no experience with the standard mirrors. I've never felt they stuck out too much. I am proactive with the power fold feature when parking in tight spaces and on super-narrow roads. We also have no back windows so I like their field of view.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the smaller heated side mirrors and I love them. I had large towing side mirrors on my truck and I hated them. In the city they were a liability on narrow roads and especially at crosswalks. The hood of the truck was high enough so I couldn’t see pedestrians in front of me and the mirrors blocked the crosswalk on the left and right. I’m Grateful our Promaster’s hood is stubby and out of sight when in the van.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The van we just got came with the wide mirrors and I wasn't that happy about them but the price was right. Then we drove 2200 miles home and now I like them and likely won't change them out like I thought I would.

Different strokes I guess.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I tow a 7x12 enclosed trailer often and have the standard size power folding mirrors (They're fairly large themselves and are very good). I can't think of many scenarios where I would want the "Dumbo" sized ones. Maybe if I was towing a pontoon or an extra wide boat, but as mentioned we're rather limited on what we can tow with the PM due to the 5100lb limit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
. I can't think of many scenarios where I would want the "Dumbo" sized ones. Maybe if I was towing a pontoon or an extra wide boat, but as mentioned we're rather limited on what we can tow with the PM due to the 5100lb limit.

Haha yea they are pretty dumbo looking....Like ridiculously out of place looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts