Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with the steering on my 2016 PMC. At highway speeds and sometimes lower speeds it pulls to the left. I feel like I am fighting the steering wheel all the time. I can't relax on long trips. I don't dare drive with one hand or take my hands off for a second to adjust my seatbelt.
My original dealer was nice and let me drive another one while they looked at mine. The loaner was better than mine. They rotated the tires and said they aligned it. That didn't solve the problem. I set up a case with Chrysler, another issue in itself. I then made an appointment with a different dealer. They had a mechanic come out and ride with me. He saw what I was talking about. They aligned it. This time I think it really did get aligned, they gave me a wheel sheet with measurements of before and after etc. It still didn't take car of the problem.
I am having several issues dealing with Chrysler and I don't know where to go from here. There are not may PMC's around here and even the mechanics admitted they haven't worked on them a lot. What I really want to do is get an area rep drive on the highway with me. Anybody know how to make this happen?
Please tell me your experiences driving on the highway. Have you ever let go of the wheel? What does it do?
Help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one had any steering issues? Pulling or drifting to the left? Fighting to go right? Anything?

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is the first I've heard of this.Mine has been extremely good in handling etc.I hope they can get it fixed for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2015 PMC cargo also pulls to the left, but probably not as bad as yours. I'll bring it up to the dealer when I take it in for those recalls I've gotten in the mail.

Steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
My 2015 PMC cargo also pulls to the left, but probably not as bad as yours. I'll bring it up to the dealer when I take it in for those recalls I've gotten in the mail.

Steve
How many recalls have you gotten? I had two,already taken care of a month or so ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, katndogs.
First time I've notices similar 'pulling to the left' issue about 3 month ago. I was at divided highway with paving leaned to the middle (left side of the road was lower then right). So I did explain the issue to myself as a geometric. And after a while the 'pulling' disappears which confirmed my guess.
But 2 days ago I've started to fight the steering wheel to the right again. This time - no inclines on roads, air pressure in tires checked equal... NO guesses so far (except may be more weight in cargo)...
I did not mentioned my concerns to a dealer yet and need to collect more info at this time.
Do you have any changes? Updates?

2015 PMC Tradesman, 4 KMiles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The whole steering rack is currently being replaced at the dealer! I have asked them to buy the vehicle back but they won't :-(
If it's not fixed this time the lemon law will take effect.

PS - I don't like how Chrysler Customer Care handles things. Anyone know how to get hold of someone else who could help me besides them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a PMC New 2015 back in April. Its been in the shop 77 days. I have the steering issue as well.. It was just chalked up torque steer.. Trans Issues--PMC still vibrates bad while stopped and in gear along with crazy shifting action during acceleration. I also only average 18.1 MPG per computer.. Several electrical issues and had the battery replaced twice.. Had PCM recall done with no change in symptoms.. FAC is buying it back and I am getting a PM 1500 118' low diesel as a replacement in the neck few days. PMC currently has 5k miles on it with 100 mile when I took delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. It pulls to the left. My tire pressure is the same and I just figured it was torque steer as well. Has anybody found a good solution for this, or is it how it is?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts