Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently retired, 56 years old, just got back to Nova Scotia from a 9600 km tour down to Panama City then back up east coast. Stealth camping most of the time in my 2001 Subaru Legacy wagon, it has 350,000 km . Four nights in NY city saved us at least $1000 that we used for entertainment.
I am starting to save up for a promaster, great forum !

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
And only $37k for vehicle anyone can buy brand new for about $5k or $6k less! Such a deal>:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stayed in rest stops on interstate, Walmart, and parked on the street for free in NYC upper west side. Panama city we stayed in a hotel, great beach and lots of free public access for beach and ocean for boating. My favorite Florida city was Fernandina Beach.

In NYC of the many people who walked by the car only a few noticed us. We were only at the car from around midnight to 8 am, then gone using subway, and walking. Hardly a person went by at night but busy in the morning.

We will probably take the wagon out to explore Arizona after Christmas. We figure after about six good trips with a promaster , the money saved from not camping or paying for many hotels, will almost pay for the van.
Thanks for the welcome here !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your response. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm sure the van will give you lots more comfort. We love northern Florida in the Winter and usually spend a week at St. Josephs Peninsula State Park which is east of Panama City. It also has the snow white beaches. We've also spent time at Fernandina Beach but prefer Cedar Key on the Gulf Coast.

I just got a call yesterday from my dealer who says my 2015 PM is on its way! He says a couple of weeks! If so, I may be able to get it ready for this Winter's Florida trip! Very exciting!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been looking at used in the USA market, $25k seems to be a good price. Not sure if the us models have daytime running lights ? They would be needed to import into Canada.
Anyone know if the daytime lights are on the USA models?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
It's an option but all you have to do I is leave your headlights on all the time as everything goes off when you shut the key off. Not quite the same, I know, but it works if you forget.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not sure if the us models have daytime running lights ? They would be needed to import into Canada.
Anyone know if the daytime lights are on the USA models?
Thanks
Don't know if this will work for your Canadian rules but you can add daytime running lights to any vehicle. Lights and a wiring kit can be purchased for less than $100 US.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thank you for your help. I read on the site for importing veichles that on many models the daytime running lights can be added or deleted by the dealer who has codes for such functions, so it shouldnt be a big deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts