Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I forget to step on the brake pedal when starting my PM and about half the time it starts anyhow without the brake pedal depressed! If my PM has sat for one day or more, then the brake pedal always has to be pushed to start. If I drive the PM somewhere, park it and shut it off, then start it about 30 minutes later, that is when it will often start without pushing the brake pedal. Is this normal or some computer glitch? Has anyone else experienced this with their PM? I don't foresee this as being a problem because my PM has never failed to start. If it won't start without the brake pedal pushed, I turn the ignition off, step on the brake pedal, and it starts right up.

·
Super Moderator
9,043 Posts
I can't remember ever stepping on my brake pedal first to start it!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yep that is strange. Not normal.
I know you have to push the brake to put it in gear but not that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Perhaps he has the Italian version. They got the computer screwed up thinking it has a manual box in it... Even then, the clutch would have to be pressed to start it. I would take it in to the dealer for evaluation. Not normal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I never touch the brake pedal to start. My old GMC would kick the pedal back at me because it used the power steering pump to boost the brakes so I got in the habit of not touching the brake pedal at start up.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I know about one ProMaster that was shipped with wrong software installed, so its possible it happened on yours.

On the one I know about, the software was for 3 seats, but van had 2 seats. Computer acted like it was possessed by devil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. I never expected those responses. Now I am worried. I doubt if I took it to the dealer where I bought the PM they would know how to correct the computer software. What is the Chrysler phone number to call to speak with someone about this issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts