Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PM does not usually start right away when temperatures are in the 20s or less. Engine will turn over, cough once and die. Then I turn the key to off and try again and sometimes it will start or cough once and die. Usually starts on third attempt, but sometimes I will have to use the starter 3 or 4 seconds before engine starts. I wish my PM had come with engine block heater option. Does anyone else PM do the same thing in cold temperatures with no engine block heater?

·
Registered
253 Posts
We've had temps down into the single digits already this winter, and I haven't had any problems. Sounds like yours needs a trip to the doctor.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Ron, I have a block heater, but I rarely use it, it's got to be well below zero. At 20F, your PM should start like a charm, mine does.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had mine in Saskatchewan last month and the temperature was well below -10 degrees celsius at night. One night it dropped to -31 and I didn't have anywhere to plug in at a hotel. PM started right away but complained a little under the hood... wasn't belts squeling but it did make an odd sound... all is good though.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wild idea.........try a different key.

I have an un-programmed valet key. It starts the van, and then it dies. So it needs the chip in the key working, or kills the engine. Maybe the key chip is hiccuping?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts