Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van that was ordered May 15th 2021 arrived at my house on December 31st 2021. I've ordered a lot of things and as they arrive I am installing them. One of the first things installed were the window deflectors, the ceramic tinted windows, the seat covers, and the smokey marker lights.

Smile Hand Window Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Smile Car Shirt Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 ProMaster Lexor
34 Posts
My van that was ordered May 15th 2021 arrived at my house on December 31st 2021. I've ordered a lot of things and as they arrive I am installing them. One of the first things installed were the window deflectors, the ceramic tinted windows, the seat covers, and the smokey marker lights.

View attachment 82270
View attachment 82269
Cool, I put those wind defectors on as well, was a PITA to do. Do have a link for those smoke maker lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I put those wind defectors on as well, was a PITA to do. Do have a link for those smoke maker lights?
The lights are on Amazon, the holes do not line up so a second hole needs to be drilled in the base of the light. Also I'd recommend butyl tape and a bead of flex seal or another brand of non-silicone sealer around them.

Light Font Screenshot Advertising Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,640 Posts
Yes, lots of it. It is basically a rip off.
Font Number Document Screenshot Electric blue

What is the R Value of Lizard Skin?

🤔 I noticed they really did not answer the question. They also recommended it be used with a “traditional” insulation material🧐.

What is the R Value? They either can’t or won’t answer the direct question.

Heat is all “Honey Badger” about how it escapes. It don’t care ,,,

Organism Gesture Font Rectangle Drinkware

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,640 Posts
Any science to back up opinions?
Insulation building materials are tested by standard methods ASTM or ULC by independent testing agencies & their thermal insulation values “R Values” are published by the manufacturers of the products.

Here is an example of the “Enerfoil IKO” Polyiso I recently used;

Font Material property Parallel Magenta Screenshot

“That Is Science”

Does “Lizardskin” produce any testing to ASTM standards or indicate any actual “R Values” at all?

@GaryBIS is The Forum’s “Resident Tester / Test Facility”. Maybe he will chime in with some light on the subject.

Without proper test data and published specs, I tend to move on & that product gets filed under probable snake oil stuff. The onus is on the manufacturer to prove its “value” or “R Value”, not the other way around.

That being said, you may have decided to apply it to the interior of your van for other reasons other than “heat transfer reduction”. Those reasons might be valid, but I do not know what they are.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,003 Posts
Head Eye Product Rectangle Human body

IIRC this is what "Orton" or someone else on the Transit Forum noticed when he Lizard Skined one half of forehead of his van. With the van facing the sun he could put his hand on the Lizard Skin side not on the non-coated side. Something like that.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,880 Posts
Hi,
Its a scam.
Here is a story of someone who used miracle ceramic coating to insulate their house:

If you want to send me some, I'd be happy to test it side by side with real insulation -- I still have the insulation tester sitting lonely in the barn :)

Gary

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
4,640 Posts
View attachment 82370

IIRC this is what "Orton" noticed when he Lizard Skined one half of forehead of his van. With the van facing the sun he could put his hand on the Lizard Skin side not on the non-coated side. Something like that.

Hi,
Its a scam.
Here is a story of someone who used miracle ceramic coating to insulate their house:

If you want to send me some, I'd be happy to test it side by side with real insulation -- I still have the insulation tester sitting lonely in the barn :)

Gary
Thanks @GaryBIS !!

I would like to know what the “R Value” is of this Lizardskin 😁.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts