Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order for a house/aux battery to be connected to the van's starter battery (via an isolating solenoid), is there a specific terminal or bolt or battery post to mount to?

I see folks using the terms "connected to the alternator" and "connected to the starter battery" but I didn't know if these were different physical locations or if there was an real-world difference in performance.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Our late-2017 came with an open mega-fuse slot. It looks just like the photos of earlier fuse blocks. Does your 2017 not have one?

·
Super Moderator
10,183 Posts
Just to clarify - it’s not connected to the alternator (unless you perhaps have an auxiliary alternator) it’s connected to the positive side of the starting battery. Sometimes we tend to be not as precise with our terms as we should be ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clarify - it’s not connected to the alternator (unless you perhaps have an auxiliary alternator) it’s connected to the positive side of the starting battery. Sometimes we tend to be not as precise with our terms as we should be ;)
Thanks! exactly what I was wondering.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The positive terminal of the starting battery is then connected to the alternator so electrically the connection is also to the alternator so KOV is right but the difference is trivially different. It does help that the battery is in a much better position to make the connection that is why we all connect there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts