Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an after market starter and/or security system installed in their pm?...everyone iv called so far cant find anything in their "system" for fitment for the pms. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just received a quote for both...they will have to take the computer chip from my third key fob and use it for the starter install..interesting...1100.00 hmmmm maybe ill just wait....i really need to secure all my expensive tools though...i would have opted for the factory alarm if i knew i was going to be without for so long.

·
Registered
164 Posts
anyone have an after market starter and/or security system installed in their pm?...everyone iv called so far cant find anything in their "system" for fitment for the pms. thanks
I was told by the dealer that the alarm system is not very good and an aftermarket should be installed. I am assuming he didn't know that this is a problem but I am heading there today to get some info.

Do you know the specifics on why this can't be converted to aftermarket systems?

I was planning on the Viper SmartStart with iPhone app service. If I can't get this installed i'm going to be one pissed of dude.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I added the security system to my order today. The dealer called a RAM contact and said "as of now there are no aftermarket security systems or remote starters available for the promaster but give it time" I also added the wood floor and lower side wall paneling. The dealer also cleared me for 5K of up-fit cost to roll into the financing.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
If one needs a way to disable a starter, there is a device that replaces the starter relay and can be turned on/off with a remote. It won't stop a determined thief, but it is good enough to keep the van in place.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If one needs a way to disable a starter, there is a device that replaces the starter relay and can be turned on/off with a remote. It won't stop a determined thief, but it is good enough to keep the van in place.
I had car like this in my shop once for a stereo install. He didn't leave the keys with the remote with us and after a couple of hours we got little annoyed with it still being in the shop. We simply replaced that relay with a neighbouring heater or AC relay and off it went out the door.

It's a pretty cool idea but easily by-passed.

Go with a full features aftermarket alarm and you'll be better protected.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has anyone been successful in finding an aftermarket alarm and remote starter yet? Preferably one that doesn't require that I give up a key.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I too have been unsuccessful in finding a shop that will put on a remote starter..
5 places turned me away,
BUT , 1 Best Buy store says that they can, but it will be 330$ minimum and go as high as 700$..
WOW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts