Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other posts have discussed the large side mirrors vs. the standard ones. I am in the process of switching from large to standard and I thought a photo of the two sizes on one vehicle might be helpful to someone, so I have attached it. The difference is significant.

In my case, my chassis cab came with the extra wide mirrors. I will have a flat bed on the back, so the wide mirrors are not particularly useful. I can see that they might be helpful if an extra wide cargo box were mounted on the back, or if one did a lot of interstate trailer hauling, but for me, the wide mirrors are more of a liability. There are a lot of narrow, winding roads in my area. I'd rather switch them BEFORE I break them, than to wait until AFTER I break them. Anyway, the extra part of the driver's side large mirror is hidden behind the window channel, so it is almost useless.

My new (used) mirror is a power folding version, but the old one was not. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to add a switch, so that I can take advantage of that function? Everything else seems to be working fine (power adjust, blinker, heat).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Reactions: Swoop
1 - 2 of 2 Posts