Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have the standard radio with a USB port beneath it and another USB port just right of the steering column. The radio says it plays MP3 audio but whenever I hookup my Ipod to either USB port the read out just says USB error. How do you play any MP3 files?

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
I just have the standard radio with a USB port beneath it and another USB port just right of the steering column. The radio says it plays MP3 audio but whenever I hookup my Ipod to either USB port the read out just says USB error. How do you play any MP3 files?
I simply use a 3.5 mm (1/8") male to male cable from my mp3 reader (Walkman) to the aux input located just under the USB port, should work with your IPod.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I tried hooking up my iphone as well got "usb error".

Then I took a flash drive and put mp3s on it from my pc and stuck that thing in there, it worked.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a 3.5 mm jack input although it was shown on a few pre-sale advertisements. I will try the flash drive approach. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The manual for the standard radio notes that "compatible" mp3 players work. An iPod doesn't work. Does anyone know what brand or brands of mp3 player would work on the standard radio by plugging in to the USB outlet next to the steering wheel?

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
Keep in mind the disk/ drive/ memory stick/CD has to be formatted as fat32 or it won't read anything. My ipad/iPhone work fine with the uconnect 5 thru Bluetooth and the memory stick and CD work fine if they are formatted in fat32.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had to move my songs as well to a Formatted fat 32 usb stick from my ipod.
works fine...
the standard radio had no 3.5 mm plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts