Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 159 HT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these on their camper van conversion?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Few, if any. Most use blocks for leveling. We still carry blocks but we've only used them a few times. We are usually able to jockey the van into a level-ish position. And stabilization really isn't much of an issue with a van. Reminds me of the '60's: If the van's rockin', don't bother knockin'.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In our 20 ft R-Pod there was a lot of bounce, just walking in the trailer, even with stabilizers down. In the PM, same length, we have not noticed really any bounce when walking or doing normal camping tasks. I don't plan to add anything like that on mine.... my $0.02.

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 159 HT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Few, if any. Most use blocks for leveling. We still carry blocks but we've only used them a few times. We are usually able to jockey the van into a level-ish position. And stabilization really isn't much of an issue with a van. Reminds me of the '60's: If the van's rockin', don't bother knockin'.
Rockin’? Nearly 70. Only rockin’ is in my head these daze. 😂 What is this 20 year old mind doing in this old body.

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
252 Posts
Ah yes .. the good old 'shaggin' wagons'. :ROFLMAO: Even better if they were lined with shag carpet!

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
250 Posts
Phil has a good memory... I removed the stabilizing jacks several years ago... I can’t think of a situation where I would have used them.

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
252 Posts
I used to have a class B (factory built RV on a Ford 250 chassis) and I never once even used the levelling blocks I bought when I first got it, even though I had a 3-way fridge (which apparently depends on the van being level, a condenser fridge doesn't) and I did some boondocking with it. Always could find a spot, especially with a relatively small van, where it was 'good enough for government work' as we used to say .. close if not perfect and I could sleep ok as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
If you don’t want stabilizing equipment for RVs to stick out like sore thumbs, choose these Pacific Rim

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 159 HT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 159 HT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1000# capacity each? About 1200# shy.
For stabilizing? IMHO, 1000# should suffice. These are not meant to lift a vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts