Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dooman commented in another thread that the latest recall web page didn't recognize his VIN. Has anyone else had their insurance company not recognize it?

After a year of insuring it, my ins co (Republic) asked for "proof" of the VIN because "that number is not on our list." We were traveling in it, so I sent a photo of the number in the windshield, as my agent suggested. That wasn't good enough, so when we got home, I sent a copy of the title. That was a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard any more, but thought it curious.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
...an Italian van, made in Mexico, registered in the US. Something must have gotten lost in the translation, or the other translation!

My insurance company Lib Mut had no issue with the VIN, but will only insure as a cargo van.... sure wish I could get RV insurance but they are pretty tough on DIY conversions. I asked at the Hershey RV show last September, and every insurance company recommended I try a different one!

·
Super Moderator
10,183 Posts
I got mine from progressive. They have a RV plan and A diy promaster was no problem at all. It was under $500 year with full coverage and $5000 personal property.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts