Ram Promaster Forum banner

Speaker in rear corners - anyone done it?

Tags
speaker
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ShaunB 
#1 ·
Hello, I’d love to install some rear speakers in the rear corner columns instead of the doors. There’s an opening that might fit a 5.25 speaker - or possibly a 5x7 if I get into cutting. Anyone done anything like this? thanks, T

#2 ·
I was a while ago, but I installed a 5" round in each rear corner. Strapped 'em to the metal with tie-wraps and put the slotted cover back on. Ran wires from upfit connector in passenger B column and had the dealer turn 'em on. (that was in 2014, before the dealers started charging for computer changes).

They work well. Not often used because I added a completely separate Kenwood radio/cd/usb/bt in the living quarters. 4 separate speakers in the ceiling for that radio, which is powered by the aux batteries, so no timeouts. The stock radio is OK but will not let you keep it on after a key off timeout.

#5 ·
I installed 6"x9" (I think) speakers by modifying a speaker box and then installed them on top of the rear corner column. Not sure if you have the room to project into the van, but it's another option. Here is a link to my instagram pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.