Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been using those vents for over a year without any issues. They let in some fresh air, but it doesn't get the heat out very well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Driver’s door entry at the bottom was scratched to the base metal In my used PM. I painted it but then I saw a protective shield on Amazon. Bought Door Entry Guard Scratch Shield on Amazon for $40:
Red Hound Auto Door Entry Guard Scratch Shield Compatible with Dodge Ram Promaster 1500 2500 3500 2014-2019 2 Door 2pc Custom Fit Door Sill Scuff Paint Protector, Door Entry Guard - Amazon Canada
received a small box like 4”x4”x4”. It looked to me as a plastic mold on Amazon picture. In reality it turned out to be an expensive sticker.
There are 2 curves at the door entrance and because it is a sticker it does not follow the contour. Still better then bare metal. Let’s see how it will survive the winter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Installing Dometic Mini Heki roof light

I was deciding between 40x40cn and 50x70cm models. (16"x16" vs. 20"x28") the bigger model was $500 more and PM roof is not designed for it. Smaller model fits flat spot on the roof.

I ordered Dometic roof light Mini-Heki, Dometic 40x40, for roof thickness 25-42mm, without forced ventilation.

Installation was a breeze once I found out how to attach the wooden frame. It just gets clamped between roof light from the top to the bottom panel with PM roof in between. Roof light is available for roofs thickness 25-42mm and 43-60mm. There is an option for forced ventilation. It means that there is no foam gasket and air circulates all the time. I bought without forced ventilation too keep dust out and better heating in cold weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
help pleeeees

bought rear and front Sumo Springs. Red forum, watched several videos. It supposes to be 15 min job to install rear springs but. I tried to unscrew factory speed bump. Used WD40. The nut inside the frame got loose and speedbump just rotates and the nut does not get loose. the space is very tight. I can get my fingers from both sides but can not get wrench or plyers. took the wheel of, tried to shim the nut but no success. Put tire back and looking for help. Went to dealership but they told me no warranty for PM with over 100K clicks. now I have to figure out how to
  • unscrew factory speedbump
  • fix the nut so it will not be loose. Weld? the space is too tight. Use some kind of glue? Make custom nut which will fit in to the spot and there will be no space for rotation?

please help.
Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Found a solution. Bought 3 sets of replacement blades in Dollarama.

Used as shims to secure the nut:

and voila: here comes the nut:

And Sumo spring is installed:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Installed front Sumo Springs. It was way easier then the rear once. Drove a little but. Do not feel much difference. Hope I can feel the difference once in the mountains.

Bought from leisurelines.net two CTA Boxer Ducato Relay SEAT SWIVEL 2006 on LH or RH. SWV7CT44. Ordered on Thursday evening and received on Tuesday evening.

Tried to install on driver’s suspension seat but failed:
The base is narrow. Distance between holes 10 ½ “ and distance between holes at CTA swivel is 16”.

Beside that hand brake support is welded to the base of the seat.

I am just curious how brake support is attached to the base of factory swivel. That support bracket should be lower than mine. Oh and now I understand why factory matt has a huge gap in driver’s seat area: suspension seat base is narrower than standard seat base.
For some reason 6 nuts were not included. Had to run to Home depot to buy six M8 x1.25 nuts. Trip to Home Depot fixed it.

Pretty easy job to install swivel.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have the driver suspension seat also and have pondered putting a swivel on it.

The approach I had in my head would be to start with the CTA swivel, but cut it down and weld custom edges to it to interface with the suspension seat. Maybe down low, maybe up high. So far though we have decided to leave the driver suspension seat straight and enjoy only the passenger seat swiveling.

Did you get the lowered seat base for the passenger seat? There is still one available on eBay (same seller that I got mine from):

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you Baxsie,
my wife told she does not need lowered seat base. We are not travelling excessive yet. May be later she will ask for one.
Are you planning on doing anything with that brake bracket? it does not give much room for swivel. I would not alternate any swivel. I may check another smaller swivel which is within suspension seat base parameters and make some king of adapter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Very interesting but an overkill to use it just for the swivel:). In my mind it is easier to change suspension seat to regular seat or 6 way adjustable. Not sure I will go that way as I love my suspension seat.
Great for under floor tanks though. I will not have hot water and I need fresh water tank to be inside to have water at room temperature.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts