Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When returning the spare to the up position the
hoist hits a stop before the wheel is fully up and
seems to jump a notch. Any ideas please ?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
When returning the spare to the up position the
hoist hits a stop before the wheel is fully up and
seems to jump a notch. Any ideas please ?
Try lubing the cable I took mine off and lubed it but have not put back on. The lube job(wd40) makes it crank so much easier. Do you need to take it off most likely not I wanted to see if there was something it was catching on and there isn't that i could see when cranking up. Take the plastic caps off the cable ends to spray the lube in, spray and crank more than once. You need a light oil to move the length of the cable and WD does repel water. Mine was dripping WD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try lubing the cable I took mine off and lubed it but have not put back on. The lube job(wd40) makes it crank so much easier. Do you need to take it off most likely not I wanted to see if there was something it was catching on and there isn't that i could see when cranking up. Take the plastic caps off the cable ends to spray the lube in, spray and crank more than once. You need a light oil to move the length of the cable and WD does repel water. Mine was dripping WD.
Thanks, I took the wheel off and cranked to see if the hoist went up without the wheel ,it did so remounted the wheel and jiggled it as my wife cranked and got it back in it's seat. Note to designers “ shouldn’t be a two person job ! “

1 - 4 of 4 Posts