Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a new promaster city, which of course doesn't come with a spare tire. It looks like they made a kit that is everything needed and around $600, but the dealer and another distributor both told me it was only compatible for 2015-2017 PMC. The dealer wants to price everything out separate (the winch, the tire, the wheel, and all the individual tools) which is over $900 and doesn't even include install.

Does anyone have any better ideas? I know I can put it inside, not really an option for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased mine through a dealer online for around $450 shipped. I have seen the tire "kit" sold on both Amazon and eBay. Installation is actually easy. Finding this kit is the difficulty. It is advertised online, but often NOT in stock.

Here is a video on youtube which gives you an idea of the level of effort.

Of course, if you are only using the PMC as a cargo van, you can just buy the wheel and keep it inside the van or on the roof. Would have been nice if FIAT offered a rear door mount option to place the tire on one of the double doors in the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Can you verify that the kit for 2015-2017 also works with a 2020 PMC? The dealer won’t order it because the years don’t match, and the vendor I tried to order from did the same (although it also wasn’t in stock). $500 is a drastic price change from the $900 they quoted, but I also don’t want to be stuck with a winch that isn’t compatible. Thanks again

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry, I have a 2017. I would recommend finding a 2017 or older and taking some photos underneath just behind the rear bumper and compare it with the 2020? Seems this could be done at a dealership.

Thanks for the response. Can you verify that the kit for 2015-2017 also works with a 2020 PMC? The dealer won’t order it because the years don’t match, and the vendor I tried to order from did the same (although it also wasn’t in stock). $500 is a drastic price change from the $900 they quoted, but I also don’t want to be stuck with a winch that isn’t compatible. Thanks again

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought the basic separate parts (winch kit, tire, lowering rod and a scissor jack) and installed it myself. For the lowering rod (for the winch) I ground down a side so that it fits into an adapter that fits my battery operated drill. The hardest part about changing the tire is getting it out from under the van. I think I spent around $350.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my spare from a salvage yard online and ordered the basics, jack and wrench from mopar online. Just do a search for used auto parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts