Ram Promaster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
I just bought a 2016 PM city and it does not have a spare. I have read the other discussions about spare tire kits, and I can see how to install the kit assembly with the winch and everything. My issue is that the kit is out of stock everywhere I look with no projected date when it will be available. I will need a spare for the type of driving I’ll be doing.
My question is, does anyone have any creative ways that they have found to mount the spare under the vehicle without using the factory kit? Having the spare in the cargo area or on the roof is NOT an option for me with the way we will be using the vehicle. Or...does anyone have a source where I could find a used kit off of someone’s van that I could buy? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2016 PM city and it does not have a spare. I have read the other discussions about spare tire kits, and I can see how to install the kit assembly with the winch and everything. My issue is that the kit is out of stock everywhere I look with no projected date when it will be available. I will need a spare for the type of driving I’ll be doing.
My question is, does anyone have any creative ways that they have found to mount the spare under the vehicle without using the factory kit? Having the spare in the cargo area or on the roof is NOT an option for me with the way we will be using the vehicle. Or...does anyone have a source where I could find a used kit off of someone’s van that I could buy? Thanks in advance.
Spare Tire Carrier Winch - Mopar (68421527AA)
is still available online. Must buy jack, tire etc. separately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Interesting. I’ll check it out.

·
Registered
2017 PMC Wagon
34 Posts
Anyone buying that needs to buy other parts in addition. It doesn't even come with the nut to secure the tire to the winch or the mounting hardware (part 12 & parts 9&10 in pic linked below). It also does not include the jack handle extension which, in the full kit, is used to lower the tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone buying that needs to buy other parts in addition. It doesn't even come with the nut to secure the tire to the winch or the mounting hardware (part 12 & parts 9&10 in pic linked below). It also does not include the jack handle extension which, in the full kit, is used to lower the tire.

Thanks for the info. I did order the extension for the jack handle but I was unaware that it does not come with the mounting hardware. Is it just parts 9, 10, and 12 that it is missing? Do you know what those part numbers are or do you have a link you can share with where I can order those pieces? Thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the info. I did order the extension part

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I did order the extension part and I reached out to the “My Mopar Parts” dealer to find out the part number codes for that hardware you mention. This is what they sent me:
6106135AA - Hex lock nuts: need 4
6106289AA - Hex head screw: need 1
68252220AA - Spare tire hold down: need 1
I went ahead and ordered this stuff too. Wish it would have been mentioned by them when I ordered the winch as it would have saved me extra shipping to order all at once. I’m just glad I’m getting this accomplished at all though. Thank you for your help!

·
Super Moderator
11,313 Posts
Thread closed and poster banned for one week for refusing to make introductory post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.