Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a swivel base from Discountvantrucks but when installing, holes of the swivel don't fit with those of the seat base. Same for the seat. Dealer told me that canadian seat and US are not same on a 2014 Promaster... :(

I would appreciate somebody from US indicates the space between holes on the seat base (length and width). Thanks you very much ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a swivel base from Discountvantrucks but when installing, holes of the swivel don't fit with those of the seat base. Same for the seat. Dealer told me that canadian seat and US are not same on a 2014 Promaster... :(

I would appreciate somebody from US indicates the space between holes on the seat base (length and width). Thanks you very much ! :)
Hi mon-aigle,

Your dealer is BSing you! All the seats are the same across North America and Europe.

I'm from the wet cost of Canada but, I have installed a German seat swivel base made by Sportscraft http://www.eurocampers.com/2014--20...s_c_531.html?gclid=COeAiZGpmskCFU1cfgodiXoNoA . Many US and Canadian folks have installed this seat swivel. Another Euro seat swivel base made by CT is also used on both sides of the border http://www.swivelsrus.com/promaster.htm . If I had to do it again I would go with the CT swivel over the Sportscraft swivel.

If you search seat swivels on this forum you will find extensive information on a number of swivels.

If I were you I'd send the seat swivel base back and get one that is made specifically for the Ducato/Promaster.

I looked on the Discountvantrucks site and I would say something is fishy about their claims.

"Promaster FACTORY SEAT
2014+ Promaster Swivel"

"Factory seat on factory base
Seat raise 1 5/8"
Approved for seats
without air bags"

Not sure what effect seat airbags have on seat swivels but all Promasters have airbags in the seats.

Does the Discountvantrucks swivel base have a central hole to pass the wiring through?

The only factory seat base available that I'm aware of is made by IRS and its not the one you have. You can see it on Winibego RV Travato. It looks like it may now be available through this parts supplier http://stores.revolutionparts.com/stevewhiteparts.com/ . By the time you purchase all the parts needed for a factory seat swivel it would be crazy expensive:(

Hope this helps and good luck resolving your problem

Dave
PS your build looks great!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Dave,

I finally join the dealer by phone, and he recognize - at last ! - that there was an error on the identification of the swivel he sent me. It was made for a Ford Transit... ! So...

As I'm planing to go in California at mid-december, I will exchange the bad swivel on my way, but what a trouble ! (cost of expedition from Canada : 80 $ !)

I'm not sure that there would not be a problem with the central hole for the wiring of air bag, but I shall see when installing the new one at the dealer site.

Thanks again for the informations !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts