Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea where I can find 5/16" x (the wider the better) x 12' . I checked the local Lowes and HD to no avail. Looking for 12' pieces for simplicity. Preferably 5" or 6" wide. Can't really go thicker then 5/16" (maybe 3/8") due to height requirements. Any ideas are appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
There used to be a redwood paneling usually called "La Honda" that was about 3/8" thick by 5 1/2 or 6 wide. I don't know whether you can still get it, or if you can find 12 footers; but I'd look for that name.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks guys, apparently it doesn't exist that thin. I ended up using 8'ers without issue.
How did you secure them to the van? I sourced out the same boards and after I pre stain them I need to come up with a plan on fasteners.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you secure them to the van? I sourced out the same boards and after I pre stain them I need to come up with a plan on fasteners.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
I actually used cedar fence planks screwed and glued to the ribs as furring strips. My fan is as far back as it will go so I was able to screw a furring strip to the front and rear of the fan frame to support the ceiling at the rear of the van.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts