Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Noico material on all interior flat vertical surfaces. Amazing sound difference in an open van. I did silicone the interior panels back on so avoid extra rattles. When you tap on the exterior, it sounds like a high quality vehicle. Built like a tank so to say.

I imagine all of that stuff will slide off in the 115º heat this summer. I did use the roller on it but theres only so much I can press down with my lack of muscle power!

IMG_1884 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I installed the Noico material on all interior flat vertical surfaces. Amazing sound difference in an open van. I did silicone the interior panels back on so avoid extra rattles. When you tap on the exterior, it sounds like a high quality vehicle. Built like a tank so to say.

I imagine all of that stuff will slide off in the 115º heat this summer. I did use the roller on it but theres only so much I can press down with my lack of muscle power!

IMG_1884 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr
Too much roller pressure on the skin & you might get a surprise looking at the outside paint finish in the sun.

Not sure of your build plans, but if you are insulating down the road, that will probably do more for sound insulation than the peal & stick Dynamat or Norico etc

I did use dynamat on the wheelwells & that made a notable difference, especially when it was raining out.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to just keep it open. Despite being an Electrical contractor, I do not carry parts with me. I let the boys do that. I just pick up what they need and deliver it to them. (or have the supply house deliver if its a big job) My role is to go out and shake hands, sign contracts and get them work. I do pickup work when needed but for the most part, I will install gray carpet down and install a partition. I have some tool box crates (Home Depot Rigid brand) that will be kept against the walls which can be pulled out if I want to take a road trip with just a mattress on the floor. My plan is to keep this van very clean and simple.
The partition will take care of sound for the most part. I just hate the tinny sound the metal made and the rattles from the cheaply installed side wall protection. All of the plastic rivets were just hand pushed on and were loose. I always try to improve what the mass produced vehicles lack. (see my horn thread!)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I am going to just keep it open. Despite being an Electrical contractor, I do not carry parts with me. I let the boys do that. I just pick up what they need and deliver it to them. (or have the supply house deliver if its a big job) My role is to go out and shake hands, sign contracts and get them work. I do pickup work when needed but for the most part, I will install gray carpet down and install a partition. I have some tool box crates (Home Depot Rigid brand) that will be kept against the walls which can be pulled out if I want to take a road trip with just a mattress on the floor. My plan is to keep this van very clean and simple.
The partition will take care of sound for the most part. I just hate the tinny sound the metal made and the rattles from the cheaply installed side wall protection. All of the plastic rivets were just hand pushed on and were loose. I always try to improve what the mass produced vehicles lack. (see my horn thread!)
Lights Work !!

Try the Horn !!

Yup, looks like the txters will get outta your way now ?

I get it, no build for you. I remember how my tin can sounded prior & understanding that I get what you did & probably would do the same to get rid of the “tin can”

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
This is the correct use of that sound deadener. Many put it all over a van they then insulate gaining little or nothing and wasting a bunch of money. If the van is remaining bare it is a super good thing to do!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
This is the correct use of that sound deadener. Many put it all over a van they then insulate gaining little or nothing and wasting a bunch of money. If the van is remaining bare it is a super good thing to do!
Any thought of blueskin or Soprema peal & stick for this use

The stuff seems similar to the Dynamat I used only on my wheelwells

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Sorry but I have no experience others may have some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts