Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't deliver more than 50 mile radius.
Otherwise I would have bought the Promaster Diesel fullsize.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great! You used a local company? Is it a full wrap? or partial where design is? I'm looking to do the same.. not sure if vinyl or wrap.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Local

Looks great! You used a local company? Is it a full wrap? or partial where design is? I'm looking to do the same.. not sure if vinyl or wrap.
There are many many local sign folks available to do the "wraps" and the dealerships usually have some they prefer and can watch over for you.
We used someone we use often for labeling printing and they did a great job.
All the bids where very close to each other. Sounds like they use the same
estimating software. We designed with the RAM online tool and the
sign companies bid from that.
It is covered by the upfit rebate and they companies usually invoice the dealership directly.

Ours is not a full wrap, just letters and one large decal.
Cost was about $700 with tax. We did the design work in house.
If you don't have large ready image files, there are fees for the sign folks to do that for you.
prohbob

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We did our first really big blueberry delivery last week 1,000#, a weekly order we deliver to the Microsoft campus. The rear was packed top to bottom. You where aware there was a load, but ran on highway and stop and go just fine.
Handling was affected somewhat and I was very careful on turns etc.
The mileage readout on dash did show a big hit but not sure of highway average hauling that much.
With packaging, fruit and driver we where hauling about 1300#.

It did feel like a sports car on the trip back to the farm after unloading.

We just ran the AC on MAX and I wore a coat and hood. We are still looking at adding a refer to the back, and not sure if we can still fit the 1000# order with insulation, but it is likely.

Prohbob

·
Registered
145 Posts
We did our first really big blueberry delivery last week 1,000#, a weekly order we deliver to the Microsoft campus. The rear was packed top to bottom. You where aware there was a load, but ran on highway and stop and go just fine.
Handling was affected somewhat and I was very careful on turns etc.
The mileage readout on dash did show a big hit but not sure of highway average hauling that much.
With packaging, fruit and driver we where hauling about 1300#.

It did feel like a sports car on the trip back to the farm after unloading.

We just ran the AC on MAX and I wore a coat and hood. We are still looking at adding a refer to the back, and not sure if we can still fit the 1000# order with insulation, but it is likely.

Prohbob

With a similar load in my van (1400lbs) Mileage went down to 16mpg avg. I was towing my 1200lb trailer with another 600lbs of weight on it. At that load, I was down to about 14mpg. Either way, I was impressed with how the van still accelerated along with the drivability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts