Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my rear back up camera and monitor
I got it off amazon. Here's what I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-08-Waterproof-Vehicle-Viewing/dp/B005Q65JHM/ref=dp_ob_title_ce. For 26.99
http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Parking-Backup-Camera-Bracket/dp/B00EE7EXVW/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2. For 23.88

All in all, 50 bux for the system since I bought them separately. Add about ten bux for the video cable and its a great deal. Really gonna help me out. It will be here Saturday, I'll get it wired in then.

Also I'm gonna put my 12 subwoofer and my 400 watt amp along with my Sirius radio.

One thing I really like about my setup in my PM is that I have the thick polymer type bulk head in mine and its really tightly sealed against all the sides and top of the pm! It makes heating up the cabin area very quick and I don't hear a thing in the back like I thought I would. Thought I would have to do some sound proofing, but I don't need to!

I have this gap between the bulkhead and the cabin floor, that is where the back floor comes into the cabin area. It made a little trough back there that I can stick my subwoofer and amp, along with my manuals and other paper work that fits nicely in a container back there.
They moved the bulkhead back to give me more room up front. I am really appreciative of this!

·
Registered
314 Posts
If your monitor will handle two feeds, get another camera and point it back to use while driving. The other camera point down for backing. I did that and it works great. You can feed the cameras with the 12v cigarette power outlet in the back if yours came equipped. It's wired to be on when the ignition is on. If not,the wiring may be there behind the tail light panel, passenger side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will get pics of the partition and the gap I have tommrow.
Heres the pics of the camera and monitor. All works great. I tapped into the backup lights. And hid the wires in the channels along the top of the roof.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Supertech, That is the color I want! Did you get a paint job or wrap or what? Please post pictures. There isn't a stock color I like so I was thinking about getting white and getting it painted or dipped sky blue. Tell us what you did and how much $ to get the color of my dreams. Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Its actually a wrap for the company I work for. We designed it last year and its on all our service vehicles.
My pm was actually white to start. I really like the colors too. The wrap isn't too busy like another company that is around us. Also its bright and colorful so people remember our vans and the company.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here's some pics of the partition. My shelving unit is made by knaphede, so its their partition.
You can see I have installed my rear subwoofer and amp, and use the rest of the drop down section in the cabin area. I also use it for storing my books and manuals. Its about 12 inches lower than my cabin floor. The green box in between the seats is on the cabin floor. The rest behind the seats is in the lower part.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, here's some pics of the partition. My shelving unit is made by knaphede, so its their partition.
You can see I have installed my rear subwoofer and amp, and use the rest of the drop down section in the cabin area. I also use it for storing my books and manuals. Its about 12 inches lower than my cabin floor. The green box in between the seats is on the cabin floor. The rest behind the seats is in the lower part.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol. HVACvan-tastic.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm curious if there are any vents in the partition? The normal airflow (for heating and cooling) for the PM is to exit through the flaps in the rear. Do partitions like this allow for the air to get back there?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm curious if there are any vents in the partition? The normal airflow (for heating and cooling) for the PM is to exit through the flaps in the rear. Do partitions like this allow for the air to get back there?
Flaps in the rear??? The only flaps I've heard of are the "pressure-vents" to aid relieving pressure while closing the door. Way to small to be an hvac vent. No where near enough cfm through them to really vent air. Also some PM's came with them, some don't.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine doesn't have any breaks in the partition for venting or otherwise. And my doors close fine as long as I'm firm when closing them. I don't have to slam them, just a good closing force

·
Registered
763 Posts
Vehicles are designed with X amount of fresh air changes per hour AND keep a positive pressure while in motion to eliminate chances of exhaust fumes reaching the passenger compartment - it's a whole woodoo science.

Most vehicles have reed-valve type silicone flap arrangements hidden around that will passively open, progressively enlarge, as interior pressure rises. The way they do it and keep them mouse-proof is very cool.

If there is a pressure-lock from the piston action of doors closing I wonder if it will ease as the flaps will soften in warmer temperatures and/or relax with time...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts