Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to add some fogs to my PMC.
Adding in some fogs should not be difficult, but yet I am having the hardest time figuring out how to remove the cover over the stock housing.
Would anyone have some idea as to how the housing comes apart?

·
Registered
258 Posts
You actually have to cut out the plastic panel. I cut mine with a hole and used the factory lamps with brackets.

Wiring can be connected to the BCM outputs by replacing the switch panel under your heater controls or you can use an aftermarket switch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You actually have to cut out the plastic panel. I cut mine with a hole and used the factory lamps with brackets.

Wiring can be connected to the BCM outputs by replacing the switch panel under your heater controls or you can use an aftermarket switch.
Thanks for the information. If I may ask, did you remove the housing when you made the cut out, or did it still mounted to the vehicle?
And I was planning on tapping into the headlight wiring to have it all turn on at once.
Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ug! I HATE this site! PM City's need their own site! They have nothing in common with the ProMasters. Sorry City guys but it's futrating to follow these threads and realize after reading several posts that it has nothing to do with my van. Or that the input may have been completely wrong.

·
Super Moderator
10,197 Posts
I have contacted the administrators again and again and keep getting nothing but promises from them. The Transit site (also owned by the AutoGuide group) doesn't include the Transit Connect on the Transit site so I don't know why they insist on including the PMC on this one.

I suggest everyone that would like to see this problem rectified ASAP contact AutoGuide directly. The link is at the bottom of the page!

·
Registered
810 Posts
This is working...for most of us? aint it?
I was in the transit connect site for 2 years beforeI came here.
Be careful when you post and reply, thats all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks ProEddie! My mistake I do have the full size PM.

I'd say go to your local dealer and ask them for a parts blow up of everything at the fog lights. You'll then have a good idea how it's all put together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wanting to add some fogs to my PMC.
Adding in some fogs should not be difficult, but yet I am having the hardest time figuring out how to remove the cover over the stock housing.
Would anyone have some idea as to how the housing comes apart?
Did you ever figure this out for the PMC? I want to add a fog light kit as well. I see that there are bezel kits, but mine look like they may pop out?

Thanks,
~Ed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you ever figure this out for the PMC? I want to add a fog light kit as well. I see that there are bezel kits, but mine look like they may pop out?

Thanks,
~Ed
The stock housing is not a pop out design, and you will have to cut out the hole for your fogs.

I used a trim removal tool to remove the housing out of the bumper. BE CAREFUL! if you look at the attached photo, the tabs shown are not solid, they have a tab cut out in them that needs to clear the bumper slots to remove. If you use care, and good timing, it should just pop out. I used the thinnest trim tool I had, and tried to get it above the tab to push down while at the same time pulling out the tab. That tabs a pain because you are working to basically make it as flat as possible to clear the hole...any slight over push on it, or not enough, and you will hang up on the hole.

Of course, I figured this out after I destroyed the very first tab I tried to pull on, and bent the next couple trying to figure it out...the plastic tabs are fragile, so you'll wanna go easy as you pull.

On the bumper are the lamp mounting holes I believe, if you went stock. Can't remember, and never took pics. But I basically cut the hole just a tad smaller than the light, and stuffed it in there...then epoxied it from the back...ran the wiring, and popped the housing back in. Autozone special @ 29.99...and used a Dremel to cut the hole.

Or, I guess you could just leave the housing in the bumper, and cut the hole.:D

Hope that helps. Aloha!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts