Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Greetings,

I just returned from picking up our new 2017 PM 159"wb HR. As i type the NEXEN tires have 120 miles on them driving from the dealer in Portland Oregon to our home in Astoria Oregon. All highway miles. I run mountain snowflake tires out here on the coast on all our vehicles due to the ~80+ inches of rain and occasional ice/snow during winter...so i will be putting on same-as-stock sized all season traction tires asap. I would like to have some idea on takers for these before putting the new ones on so i commute ~10 miles round trip 5 days a week so mileage will go up a tad, but not to fast : )

It seems like $250 for the set of five is more than reasonable as i look around the net, that price is a pick up price.
If you want me to ship that will be shipping plus a tad bit of handling as the nearest FedEx is two cities away down the coast.
BUT really... i know you want to take a leisurely-beautiful drive to the Oregon coast!! You do. Yup.

Please PM me if interested.

next post has a picture i took of the NEXEN once back home.
THX for looking,
Thom

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm curious about what tires you'll be putting on? I've been giving it some thought myself, what with Winter coming and all.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious about what tires you'll be putting on? I've been giving it some thought myself, what with Winter coming and all.
the tires will definitely be BFG KO2, size is TBD. Personally i'm leaning toward the stock LT225/75r16 as it is a great size for slicing through standing water on the roadway (we have lots). . . BUT they are a special order size at our local Costco (worked for them nearly 25 yrs), whereas at any given time we have enough LT245/75r16 to outfit a dozen rigs. But as others have reported there are minor rub issues to get beyond.

Thom

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
And for snow the tallest and narrowest tire you can live with gives the best traction! I drove a dually only once in 6 inches of fresh wet New England snow and decided I'd own one of those when Vermont roasted over in February!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And for snow the tallest and narrowest tire you can live with gives the best traction!..
Totally. I LOVE PIZZA CUTTERS!!
up in the Sierras we'd run them at ~60-70psi on the highway and lower them to ~10 to 15psi on the trails. Great way to go.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am ready for a new set of tires. What would it cost to ship those to 72205?
i'll get some info on Tuesday from FedEx after the holiday... but i've got to think shipping from the west coast to Arkansas might be more than the tires are worth? I'm seeing them online at places like Walmart for ~$100 to $120 new.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
> > Tires are sold... sort of < <

The estimate for FedEx is just over ~$100~ to ship them that distance (estimate online not at the counter since as stated they are two cities south and i'm really not into the drive near Labor Day weekend) so there really is no benefit whatsoever to a buyer.

My local tire shop is giving me $50 off each KO2 (115 S, plenty of carry capacity for my LOV), so i'm good with that.

I will be putting stock size KO2s on all five so i have the spare if needed.

After good discussion with the tire shop crew i decided to stick with stock tire size as my main goal is driving safety on our wet surfaces and the ice/snow we see on the coast, stock narrow size will slice through any standing water at speed better than if i go up in tread width.
MAYBE if a VanCompass future lift can fit KO2 235/85r16 (~32" tall pizza cutters and 120 S rating well above what is needed) i will go that route as just as safe on the wet.
The ONLY reason i would go wider tread/fatter tire from stock is purely for ego and possible bling/looks on the van > > > which is 180 degrees away from my goal of a plane-jane cargo/delivery van.

Thanks for the chats!
Thom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts