Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried one or something like this?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-STOCK-Powered-Venting-Stainless/dp/B00I1D4S9C/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1441846250&sr=1-6&keywords=solar+fan[/ame]

·
Super Moderator
10,485 Posts
The reviews are less than encouraging even for $65. A solar powered fan doesn't make much sense if you need it at nighttime unless you wire it into your house battery plus the CFM doesn't seem adequate on this particular unit. Spend another $100 and don't waste your hard earned money on a toy like this (would be my recommendation)!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for somthing to circulate the air in the back while driving. Not a camping or parked need.

I should have noted that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Vent for air circulating

I am looking for somthing to circulate the air in the back while driving. Not a camping or parked need.

I should have noted that.
Blackyck,

You may want to consider a Flattener vent. The flattner is designed to circulate air with out the need for power.

The Flettner is a wind powered vent with a high quality bearing that turns the Flattener blades with the slightest breath of wind. When the vehicle is in motion it moves an impressive volume of air (see attached brochure for specs). When the blade are stationary you still get hot air venting out. The vent has a shutter you can open and close.

I plan to combine the flettner with a floor vent to achieve air circulation at all times when the PM is not in use.

The Flattener is made by an 80 year old UK company but they have dealers in North America.

I bought the latest version of the Flettner "Flettner TCX-2™ Ventilator" from a CAD supplier but I'm sure its readily available in the US.

http://www.flettner.co.uk
http://www.flettner.co.uk/products/tcx-2-ventilator/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,485 Posts
Or just put an awning window in the rear side and keep it open all the time as i do the maxifan just suck or blows air in or out thru the rear window you could even just leave a frond windo open an inch or so and accomplish the same think for zip!.

Even with the solar fan you are still going to need an opening somewhere for air to exit or enter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the tips. I have been looking into the MaxxAir Fan and all tough its more than I wanted to do, it looks like an awesome product and will do what I need.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go to bonanza.com
Botega Distributing
Marine Boat RV Solar Powered Ventilator Rechargeable Exhaust And Intake Combo
A friend has two in his Big Ass Sprinter.
When sitting unattended he has one set for intake and one for exhaust, continuous movement.
They are a stand alone unit, no other wiring.
Also they have not let him down in 2 years.
I will be mounting 2 of these in my 136 lowboy.
Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to bonanza.com
Botega Distributing
Marine Boat RV Solar Powered Ventilator Rechargeable Exhaust And Intake Combo
A friend has two in his Big Ass Sprinter.
When sitting unattended he has one set for intake and one for exhaust, continuous movement.
They are a stand alone unit, no other wiring.
Also they have not let him down in 2 years.
I will be mounting 2 of these in my 136 lowboy.
Good luck
This is what I was thinking about. My buddy was telling me about these. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts