Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what is the max amp hours everyone has yielded with their solar in a day?
How about giving us your number of panels, wattage per panel, how they're wired, and your controller type and brand.

I don't have many days to guage my max so far but here is my info:

72.5 amp hours or 860Wh
2, 100W Renogy Eclipse panels
Parallel, Victron 75/15 MPPT controller.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,709 Posts
Location and date are also factors in this equation.

Winston and I were able to compare side-by-side his 800W MPPT system and my 300W PWM system in full spring sun in Oklahoma--instantaneous readings, not cumulative. Watt for watt, there was no discernible difference.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
2-100 watts Renogy Mono-crystaline panels in parallel, Tracer 20 amp MPPT controller, 2-6 volt 215 A-H FLA batteries in series, no max figures but recharges 350 watt hours in about 3 hours for +- 10 amps rate I would guess the panels lying flat on the van’s roof produce about 120-150 watts?? It is a guess.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Location and date are also factors in this equation.

Winston and I were able to compare side-by-side his 800W MPPT system and my 300W PWM system in full spring sun in Oklahoma--instantaneous readings, not cumulative. Watt for watt, there was no discernible difference.
They are factors but I'm asking for the max yielded so they aren't exactly applicable for what I am looking for. The assumption is the max yielded will be in optimum conditions. No clouds, summer days, etc. Just thinking this is a way for people to see what they should expect in the best conditions. If they aren't even close in the best conditions, then it'd be time to start looking for problems. Should also be a way for people who think that solar is going to give them some unrealistic rate of charging to see they can't expect solar to do something it can't. (ie.. 200w isn't going to produce 200ah a day)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts