Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trolling the web trying to find a 136 High top. I have found many leads in TX, OH, FL and a few others but I can not find ANY in SoCal, only low tops. Any ideas why they seem to be non existent in Southern Cali?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
IMO there are fewer 1500 118" & 136" HRs built overall, the 159" has the highest production numbers. If you see a 136" HR get listed you need to have your ducks in a row and act fast if it's one you want.

You didn't mention new or used, I assumed you wanted used, low price & low miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO there are fewer 1500 118" & 136" HRs built overall, the 159" has the highest production numbers. If you see a 136" HR get listed you need to have your ducks in a row and act fast if it's one you want.

You didn't mention new or used, I assumed you wanted used, low price & low miles.
Yes used. I have leads on several in other states, but I arrive on the 10th Dec (From OZ) and will inititally be staying in San Diego, so was hoping to find something local.
Looks like I will need to fly to TX, or OH or FL.:(

·
Premium Member
8,656 Posts
Yes fly. It’s sort of a big country even compared to OZ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes used. I have leads on several in other states, but I arrive on the 10th Dec (From OZ) and will inititally be staying in San Diego, so was hoping to find something local.
Looks like I will need to fly to TX, or OH or FL.:(
Check Enterprise Rentals car sales in Las Vegas, they had several and get them all the time, you can also search their sales database and also for budget car sales... I discovered that they both offer low mileage ProMasters, mine had 17,353 miles and was exactly one year old, which means it came with a full bumper to bumper 36,000 mile warranty and 60,000 mile power train factory warranty... I also snatched it up cheaper than dealers were selling them for...
Also check Bill Luke Chrysler/Ram dealer in Phx Az area, he's the largest in the country and has them all the time and they will cover your airfare if you fly out and buy one last time I looked... Regardless of where you find one you better be ready to buy because good ones go fast... Good Luck in your search...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Air mattress , sleepy bag and your in business . Though it will be cold at night everywhere here in the US .

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
111 Posts
I hear you! I’m in the San Bernardino Area and it took me almost 5 months to find a used 136” high top.

Finally found a 2017 on Craig’s List with 17k miles from a private party for $25k. Not a great price, but it’s what I got locally after a long intense search. I guess my advice is to be persistent.

Several used commercial van dealers list on Craig’s List, but I’d check out their reviews on Yelp first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
VicPearson,

I have a 2015 diesel high top in the 136" wheelbase available.

It was used for a business - has the partition with window & luverne steps on both passenger/slider & driver side. No dings or damage, new tires & 43K~ish miles on it. White with business branding on it that will be easy to remove.

Located in SW Utah, 2-hrs north of Las Vegas. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been trolling the web trying to find a 136 High top. I have found many leads in TX, OH, FL and a few others but I can not find ANY in SoCal, only low tops. Any ideas why they seem to be non existent in Southern Cali?
That's funny. Now two years later, I have been trolling the web looking to buy a LOW TOP 2018 1500 136 WB, and see them for sale in the midwest and on the east coast, but none in SoCal..

·
Registered
2019 136wh hr ProMaster
54 Posts
Purchased my 136 high off CarMax, it was in NC, paid the $400 transfer fee to TX, 12,800 miles, $25k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Escondido (just east of SD) has 2019 and 2020 Promaster's in stock. They're calling the 2919s new, but as far as I'm concerned they're now two model years old. Not sure what your budget is, but you could give them a call

1 - 12 of 12 Posts