Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the latest Car & Driver 2016 new car guide, for the Ram listing it says the Cargo Van is "Dead." I checked the Ram website - they show the new 2016 pickups, but still have 2015 listings for the Promaster Vans.
I wonder what all that means, if anything...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was just reading the latest Car & Driver 2016 new car guide, for the Ram listing it says the Cargo Van is "Dead." I checked the Ram website - they show the new 2016 pickups, but still have 2015 listings for the Promaster Vans.
I wonder what all that means, if anything...
This is what Ram calls the cargo van - http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ram_cv/

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nope.

The link says the Cargo Van, aka the mini van without windows built on the town and country platform, is dead and being replaced by the Promaster City .

The full fledge Promaster is in production. I've even seen window stickers of 2016 models.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I agree, Domitype... when i pull up your link on my phone, the only "cargo van" is the Promaster.
All others are referred to as something else.

·
Registered
552 Posts
There's the difference. When you bring it up on a computer you get the page in the link. When you bring it up on your phone, it redirects.

Sloppy web coding.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The cargo version of the current (RT) minivan is done. The ProMaster City takes its place in the lineup.

The current (chassis code RT) minivan is itself almost done. RU is around the corner. It's going to be a more upscale vehicle and there won't be a commercial or cargo version of it ... that's why they brought in the PM City.

The big van (Ducato) carries on unchanged, not affected by the above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts