Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering: how would you clear a load of snow off the roof to keep it from plastering someone following you?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Remove antenna, preheat vehicle, take a hard run to the end of the drive way and lock the brakes up. Back up a bit and install tire chains and drive over the top of the new snow pile in the drive way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This happened to me several years ago. Had heavy wet snow fall temp well below freezing a few days before I drove anywhere. Figured streets ought to be clear, no worries. Going down long hill and not going very fast cue to red light at bottom of hill. A dip pulled out of side street at snail pace had to hit my brakes hard.
Most all the snow came off, it was a Chevy high top van we had at time. Been driving awhile and heat in van had helped melt layer of ice under the snow.
All the snow and ice slid off the roof down the windshield taking both windshield wipers arms and all. Talk about a mess!
So get you a long handled whatever, back then we took a shop brush and clear what you can away.
"Good Luck!"

·
Registered
99 Posts
A friend and a rope. Each person holds one end of the rope and walk it back and forth across the top of the van. It doesn't remove the snow, but loosens it up enough so that it easily comes off when driving. That's how I used to clear it off my enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,375 Posts
Remove antenna, preheat vehicle, take a hard run to the end of the drive way and lock the brakes up. Back up a bit and install tire chains and drive over the top of the new snow pile in the drive way.
:mad:Your the guy that keeps dumping that pile of snow in my driveway after I shovel it Why I outa.....

·
Registered
604 Posts
I bought the softest bristle push broom I could find and padded the lower handle portion with some foam pipe insulation. The foam is to keep it from scratching the paint as I stretch to drag as much snow off each side as I can. I only use it on the roof to keep it clean. It stays in the van all winter. At 6' 0" I can reach almost all of it but I also have a little 3 step ladder that I use to load our kayaks with if I need it.

Like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quickie-Bulldozer-18-in-Indoor-Outdoor-Push-Broom-00528RMCAN-20/100133494?MERCH=REC-_-SearchPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-100133494-_-N

·
Registered
15 Posts
I try to use a broom but with a ladder rack and 2 ladders on top, it makes it tough to get it all. Had a cop behind me as I was dumping snow and got pulled over. He was nice enough to not give me a ticket.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Snow BRUM.

But I left mine in NH. Here no problem.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
BTW "Snowbird" is a pejorative term comparable to "Flatlander" used in NH and VT for anyone from anywhere else. We are not being compared to some pretty bird! Lots of folks from BC here in AZ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts