Ram Promaster Forum banner

Snow Tires - great!

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Brian Haase 
#1 ·
Someone asked me what snow tires I was having installed, they are now installed: (4) Kumho LT225/75R16 "C". Cost $154.75 each including installation and balancing. Been trying them out for traction where it's safe and they get great traction. Even better when ESC is turned off, just takes right off from a stop even in icy conditions.

Does anyone know where I can pick up 4 relatively inexpensive wheels? I'd love to permanantly mount these.

#3 ·
What model kumho tire did you get? Where did you get them? I can't find any kumho snow tires with sufficient load range (at least load range E ) for use on a promaster. Thanks

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Kumho/Power+Grip+(KC11)/KC11-2124993/size/LT225-75R16

They have a load range of 120 = 3,086 lbs. per tire (vs. the OEM Vanco rating of 121 - close enough!) So far so good, smooth rolling and in my limited testing, very grippy in slippery conditions. I got them from Dunn Tire in Western New York, don't know if you can order from them online. Hope this helps!

#5 ·
Did you get 2 or get all 4? I know youre supposed to use all 4, but ive used 2 snows on fwd vehicles for years, and while it may not be "correct" its better than nothing

#10 ·
Dawn,

Did you see my reply in the other thread where you were looking for wheels?

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132106&postcount=5
Thanks, I did. I put myself on the waiting list for the wheels thru Eurocampers, if they don't come in I'll contact him.

Dave
Hey guys.

We do not hold onto the OEM wheels after swapping out to aftermarket wheels.

Our upfitter keeps them. I'm not sure what they do with them, but I imagine they sell them off in bulk to a reseller.

#7 ·
My plan is to buy a nice set of stylish rims for the summer and put snows on the factory set. Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.