Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone have experience with running snow chains? Seems like an awfully tight clearance in there.

Looking to see if legit chains fit under there rather than just the ropes.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Ram ProMaster 2500 159WB
88 Posts
We have a 2500 159WB High Roof Promaster so I am not sure if your have the same clearances or not. We used the
KONIG XG-12 PRO 245 Snow chains, set of 2 which we purchased on Amazon. We only had to put the chains on a few times to help handle with some icy roads. We also have Wrangler Duratrac (size LT225) tires that helped in regular snowy conditions with some careful driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a 2500 159WB High Roof Promaster so I am not sure if your have the same clearances or not. We used the
KONIG XG-12 PRO 245 Snow chains, set of 2 which we purchased on Amazon. We only had to put the chains on a few times to help handle with some icy roads. We also have Wrangler Duratrac (size LT225) tires that helped in regular snowy conditions with some careful driving.
Thanks! I think the PMC has tighter clearances between the tire and the wheel well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Hey all,

Does anyone have experience with running snow chains? Seems like an awfully tight clearance in there.

Thanks!

I had to sign a disclosure at the dealership informing me that the PMC can't be operated with tire chains. It says it may accommodate some other type of tire traction device and to see the owner's manual for details. The manual just says you can't use tire chains...so very helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks!

Hi there and I have the Konig CG-9 095 model and they work great!
I live in Big Bear but commute to work in LA during the week so this winter I’ve had to chain up 3 different times to get home. Super easy to install and take off and worth very dollar as they are not cheap.
I would recommend keeping the speed low but you would regardless as around 25 mph the chains will start to chatter.
Cannot recommend these chains enough if you have a Promaster City and the stock tire/wheel set up.
Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts