Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe I've found a loaded silver MR ProMaster 1500, w/windows in slider & rear doors, that may have been sitting at out of the way rural dealer since Spring 2014!

Don't know if this van was sidelined b/c of back ordered recall issues, damaged in transit, or what?

Will try to investigate it out tomorrow.

How low do you think they'd go on a PM sitting for 16 months?

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
Believe I've found a loaded silver MR ProMaster 1500, w/windows in slider & rear doors, that may have been sitting at out of the way rural dealer since Spring 2014!

Don't know if this van was sidelined b/c of back ordered recall issues, damaged in transit, or what?

Will try to investigate it out tomorrow.

How low do you think they'd go on a PM sitting for 16 months?
What is a "MR" Promaster?

There are so many factors that go into how much a dealer will discount. I wouldn't go in expecting the deal of the year. They may just be bad at selling Promasters.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"MR" = Medium Roof

They are definitely "bad at selling Promasters".

OK then, How low do you think "the deal of the year" should cost?

Have read of new PM owners claiming fresh deals of $5000-$6000 off sticker.

Will check build date. If it's been sitting that long I'd go in expecting a deal considerably better than that.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
North America there is a high roof and a low roof. In Europe our high roof is a medium roof. Three heights in Europe.
Two in North America. Our high roof is the same height as the Transit medium roof but with 4 inches more stand up
room. 76" vs 72".

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
I always work back of invoice as I never pay close to it. Get the invoice price and add up the invoice of each option. Then look nationwide for new similar Promasters with the best deals you can find. Have them handy when making your offer. If other dealers are dropping their pants then this one may match. Otherwise they won't likely allow too large of a loss. You can't just throw numbers out. Build a solid case.

·
Registered
887 Posts
With it being a year old, I think you have to start at $3000-$4000 below invoice, otherwise YOU are loosing money.

·
Registered
384 Posts
2 months ago I bought a 2014 159 EXT Gas model. It had been on the dealer lot for 8 months.

MSRP $42,045
Invoice: $39,546

Dealer Price in June 2015: $36,999
Less Rebate (2,000)
Net Cost $34,999

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, have been shopping for Transit since the passenger Wagon appeared late this Spring & have looked at a lot of Fiat Ducato/Citroen Jumper info. Conversely ProMasters on the ground have still proven to be few & far between.

Also want Low Roof & would need to make a huge compromise (no pun) to go for the tall ProMaster.

OK "Invoice price... MSRP... Dealer Price... Net Cost"

How about making comparisons based on the readily available bottom line on the WINDOW "sticker"?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry, have been shopping for Transit since the passenger Wagon appeared late this Spring & have looked at a lot of Fiat Ducato/Citroen Jumper info. Conversely ProMasters on the ground have still proven to be few & far between.

Also want Low Roof & would need to make a huge compromise (no pun) to go for the tall ProMaster.

OK "Invoice price... MSRP... Dealer Price... Net Cost"

How about making comparisons based on the readily available bottom line on the WINDOW "sticker"?
MSRP is the same as WINDOW Sticker.

So my deal was $7,046 below WINDOW Sticker, after rebate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts