Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're not into remote start, just not a need in our environment. Don't want a fancy security system and have read that finding and installing on on the PM is problematic if just not possible save the OEM system.
So thoughts on a simply kill switch please.
Since it's a campervan there will be many places to hide it.
Do you like the idea of flipping a little switch and shutting off the fuel pump or just
a big battery disconnect switch under the hood?
Vandalism is a fact of life but if we're gone on an hour long hike to a vista I'd at least like to
come back to a vehicle versus not.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had been thinking about this as well. I used to remove the main coil wire from cars when I was younger. I opened the hood this morning but could not find a distributor.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
How is someone going to drive off with your van? If you have the fob in your pocket up at that vista the van will not start and run for more than a half minute or so even if they have a key and perhaps not at all. Don’t all new vehicles have such a system? They could load it onto a car carrier but other than that I think you are all set.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That sounds fobless

If the fob is in the van and you use a fobless key, how far from the ignition goes the fob have to be for the van not to run?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,462 Posts
IMO parking your van at the trail head is safer than parking at Walmart.

If you leave your keys in the van they steal the van, or they will break your window steal your stuff and if they aren't meth heads they will take the lithium battery and those portable frig/freezer, big bucks light weight.

food for thought if your nervous

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Game camera? I’m into catching them. It must be luck of the draw as I have left my GPS, an iPad mini, other stuff in my vehicles in plain site for years and so far- knock on wood- no theft. In the desert we set out a water jug in hopes of avoiding a broken window from a thirsty migrant. Perhaps we should hang a little bag of Meth on the door handle?? Walmart has lots of cameras and roving security.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game camera! Yes of course I have one :)
Very good desert smarts you have, experience is a good thing.
Yes to Walmarts feeling safe at least to me...just noisy.
Don't think I'd go the meth route, shady characters would have to be involved
in a transaction at one point or other unless your cooking yourself ??
Just teasing there a bit ;)

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Lets see I did teach high school chemistry and I do know what ingredients would be needed, I just think it would corrupt me eventually and I’d break bad!

·
Super Moderator
10,528 Posts
Lets see I did teach high school chemistry and I do know what ingredients would be needed, I just think it would corrupt me eventually and I’d break bad!
Don't forget to disconnect your Smart TV first ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts