Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a Youtube video of the Winnebago Travato where they had a built in screen door for the passenger side sliding door. The video kind of led on that it was a factory option, but I'm unsure if they meant from Winnebago or from Ram. Has anyone seen these for sale? If so, any online retailers carrying them?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
I recently saw a Youtube video of the Winnebago Travato where they had a built in screen door for the passenger side sliding door. The video kind of led on that it was a factory option, but I'm unsure if they meant from Winnebago or from Ram. Has anyone seen these for sale? If so, any online retailers carrying them?
Not sure if these are anything like what you want, but EuroCamper has some: http://www.eurocampers.com/ProMaster-Screen-Kits--Cab-Window-Sliding-and-Rear-Door_c_536.html

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
It's from Winnebago, not RAM, and don't get your hopes up. It appears poorly made. I've seen three and all three were broken.
Were they broken or did they pop off the track?
I read somewhere that you have to pull in the middle, not the bottom or top
or they pop off. And I can not remember where I read this.
The screen that Gary mention is a zip and roll one.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,824 Posts
I remember one had a piece dangling from it. The other two we're probably just off-track, but neither salesperson could put it back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I posted that on classbforums. It is not poorly made. But if, when standing inside the van, and you grab the door up high and yank on it, it can pop off the track. When you are standing outside the van, your vantage point is much lower, and you tend to grab the door from the mid-point and it's not an issue.

The fix is about 2 minutes with a screwdriver. Just be gentle with the door, and it works well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts