Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just finished two months traveling the coast of Florida in my van, I am now busy making improvements before hitting the road again. One of the largest projects is to build a cargo box for the rear (I actually have plenty of room in my van, but I don't have room for the odors that go along with wetsuits, a gas outboard and a inflatable boat. :()

My preliminary idea is to build one that slides backwards on heavy duty drawer sides so I can still access the rear doors (I've seen fold away models, but they don't seem practical for a vehicle with doors as large as the PM.) I have the factory receiver and so far plan on a semi-permanent rack that will use both the receiver as well las being bolted to the undercarriage. Does anyone here have a cargo rack on the PM? Or have any other ideas for a workable rear hitch box? Any pics or opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Thom, I hadn't seen that one yet. It's very similar to what I was considering building. That one still doesn't look like it would work on the PM as it would need to extend out quite a bit further for the doors to clear.

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
JohnnyRambles, the hitch box referenced above slides out 36". That should be more than enough to allow the doors to open.
My buddy has a big plastic bike enclosure that slides back and his doors clear easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts