Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at and test drove a Travato and a Zion this weekend.

One thing I noticed on both the Travato and the Zion were dimples in the side body right above the silver slider door track.

I should have taken pictures... the silver track has visible spots from spot welding.
Initially I assumed they welded studs to the back side of the track so it could be bolted onto the body. My thought was (especially on the Travato) maybe they over tightened those "bolts" (if in fact it is attached with bolts) causing "dimples" in the van side sheet metal about every 9 inches in the body above the track where it attached to the vehicle. Now i'm wondering if the track is spot welded directly to the van body instead of being bolted. Heat from spot welding might deform the body's sheet metal as well.

Either way it was noticeable from all angles on the sunny day with Travatos Gray metallic finish- less on the Zion in white.
It was more visible on the Travato maybe because of the darker color (the Zion was white).

Do you Promaster owners see these also?

·
Registered
427 Posts
There shouldn't be any dimples there. (Mine doesn't have any.)

The door track is bolted to the bodyshell from the backside. There is a reinforcement on the inside above the door track, but it's glued to the backside of the outer skin, not spot-welded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts