1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
538 Posts
Seems like you could mock that up in wood and use a sanding drum to form the detent. See how it works and adjust dimensions accordingly for the one you plan to use. No rocket science there. Form a final one from poly plastic.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I purchased my van used from member Seapro and he had added a similar modification. He had drilled a small hole about halfway down the lower part of the track and simply dropped in a small stainless screw with a rounded head. It's small enough that you can easily open the door past it, but offers just enough tension to hold the door in place even on a decent angle.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,492 Posts
Duck tape and plastic strips work, a permanent dab of JB weld would work, I'm on my second generation of the duck tape stops. Its posted here somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's cool! I didn't know that you had purchased your van from him. Good to know it's still part of 'the family'...
Yep, it's still here and is currently my daily driver. I'll be working and traveling in the van full time starting this Spring, so I've been doing a complete retrofit to better fit my needs. Thankfully, Bob had done an amazing job on the van and used the best of everything. It'g going to end up looking a lot different, but I'm reusing the majority of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts