Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take two thin .125in x .5in plastic strips and place them on the stainless steel door track .375in apart, duck tape in place. This temporary stop does work and door can still be opened all the way. A more permeant stop of epoxy rumble strips my work as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this at all. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish and why?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Thinking it is for partial opening so as not to slide shut. But can still be opened all the way.
Sound good.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is to hold the door open half way or whatever distance you want. Someone asked about how to do this in another thread. This idea came about when some grit was on the track wheel and in cleaning it I noticed that the door would stay put where the grit was. I had duck tape and scrap vinyl siding so I tested my idea that's all.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
So maybe even something like an adjustable clamp on the trac might work? I've never had any need for the door to be half opened so I was having a difficult time figuring out what this was all about. Makes sense now, I guess.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm from the Red Green school of invention. I have a whole draw full of whatcha call its for the do hickey and end up using duck tape. Duck tape is easy to adjust, it's no drill, does not mar the stainless steel and can be bought every ware. If I decide I need the stop/hold open half way Gizmodo I'll go with J/B weld speed bumps. Only after extensive testing with duck tape.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I don't watch much TV but was unaware CBC was broadcasting the Red Green Show clear to TX. Next you will be telling us about Hockey Night in Canada and Don Cherry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sliding door unlocking

We have a Travato 59G on the Promaster chassis. The side sliding door does not stay locked as we are traveling. We close it with a firm stroke, hand on the back and that helps for a short time, then going down the road, the locks come unlocked and the front console starts beeping off and on with the icon of the open sliding door. We stop, close it and it does on the same. Sometimes it stay for quite a few miles, and sometimes just a few.
Has anybody experienced trouble keeping the look locked?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sliding Door Stop

Hey KilWerBzz,
Try this web site.
nortonfab.com
They manufacture the stop I saw on my buddies, Sprinter.
They are aluminum and epoxied on.
Also they are guaranteed not to fall off, if they do he will replace them.
He has had them on for 2 years and no problems.
I am ordering a stop.
Thought this might help
Mike from Banff

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That Norton stop looks good for sure, but my limited need for a door stop, I'll just use my duck tape designed one. It's still working after two weeks. You could have problems with the Norton stop it looks thick and the promaster track wheel has limited up/down travel. Use double stick tape/ hot melt glue to test the Norton stop for function and position. A lot easier to remove than epoxy. (DO NOT DRIVE WITH IT TAPED OR HOT MELTED TO THE VAN OR RISK LOSING IT)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts