Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slider door is sticky. It's intermittent. Sometimes it glides like it should and sometimes it feels like a grocery cart wheel that has a rock in front of it. What lubes are you guys using? Any others out there with my problem?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
chevyii62, you may want to try to type "sliding door problem" in the search box (upper right on your screen).

I got 207 results when I tried it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the handy search bar tip. As far as I can tell, those posts do not refer to my specific problem. My door latches fine. It doesn't slide well, so I was asking for a potential solution. I will go back to lurking. Congratulations

·
Registered
63 Posts
My slider door is sticky. It's intermittent. Sometimes it glides like it should and sometimes it feels like a grocery cart wheel that has a rock in front of it. What lubes are you guys using? Any others out there with my problem?
I have the same problem on my driver side slider. I open and close it at every job to get my tool bag. I assume it to be ice or some other foreign material that comes and goes. One more thing to add to the dealers punch list.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the handy search bar tip. As far as I can tell, those posts do not refer to my specific problem. My door latches fine. It doesn't slide well, so I was asking for a potential solution. I will go back to lurking. Congratulations

Don't get discouraged. You're not allowed to start a new thread here I guess. Even though the post and thread count is low and a new thread creates new traffic for Google to find and increase the sites presence on the inter webs.

When I brought my van to the dealer they used a gray lubricant I haven't been able to identify fully but it reminds me of a graphite past of some sort. I can see it collecting dirt long term but it seems to help some. Hope that helps a little.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Ok, guys, won't do it again, you can start new threads on the same subject, I don't really care anymore.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The first day I brought my van home, I opened the slider and seen a plastic plunge fastener AND a metal bolt about a half inch long laying in the track floor near the mast behind the passenger seat.
So... get a magnet on a stick and fish around under the door... and or maybe hit some compressed air in there.. There may just be something in there rolling back and forth getting in the way of the wheels..
good luck.
And if I ever see another thread pertaining to a newly asked question, I dont chew ass, I just post the link. Easy to do and no hard feelings...
Remember.... Folks DO come here for help.
I know that I do... ALOT too..
So ya gotta give back IF you can..
good luck

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Ok, jimmybomb, you made me realize that I was doing a lousy job as a moderator, so I wrote to the webmaster asking him to remove me from the moderation team.

I guess that I am cumulating to much frustrations with my PM, I just can't read 50 shades of service issues anymore. ;)

No hard feelings I hope, I will go kitesking tomorrow and be happy, real life is good.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Dont blame me.i think you are doing a great job and wish that you would stay on as a moderator.
Good luck with your decisuon and i hope that you woyld reconsider your resignation.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Dont blame me.i think you are doing a great job and wish that you would stay on as a moderator.
Good luck with your decision and i hope that you would reconsider your resignation.
GuyT,

I agree with JB!

Except for your posts on windsurfing, I find your contributions to be very informative, and appreciate your efforts as a moderator. When I first found the forum, I would look forward to your van progress reports, and got some great ideas from your posts and responses to my questions!

Your windsurfing stuff is interesting, but at 65, I'm mostly interested in couch surfing! ;)

Please continue to moderate, we need people like you to stand back and look at the big picture sometimes!

Ed

ps. and continue the windsurfing posts too!

2nd ps. any thoughts on how to cure squealing brakes? >:D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Guy T
Stay! You are a good Mod. You can be human also.
I most certainly not perfect. I made some post I wish I can take back.
But hey what the heck?
As for post count, look it as participation. I find that this van as a hobby also.
I really enjoy this site.
Have said to a transit owner that he was a hater in one thread and I can not take it back.
I totally buggered up there.
The problem I am having with my van is that there is no problem,that's the problem I am having.
LOL!

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Thank you for the kind words,guys, but I just don't feel comfortable as a moderator. Also, I am leaving soon for 6 months windsurfing coast to coast, so Internet may not be a priority.

But that doesn't mean I'll stop coming here as a member :)

proeddie, 65 is still very young, I am 62 and I am pretty sure I got at least 10 years of windsurfing ahead of me. After that, I'll kite ;)

Me today, happy:

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I did a little more investigating about my door problem. The drag is definitely coming from from the stainless track that you can see on the side of the van. There are two rollers. The little upper roller is binding at certain angles. I bought some spray tri-flo lube and it has seemed to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts