Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Promaster HR 159"
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If van is stopped, slider locks and cannot be unlocked with fob(either button) or load compartment unlock button on drivers door trim panel. If I walk outside the vehicle with all doors closed and hit unlock on fob twice in close succession, it unlocks and opens easily. Not particularly convenient in the morning. Auto lock is off. Ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
Ramses is a white 2014 2500 159wb High Top
129 Posts
I've had my van a year, and cannot for the life of me figure out how the key fob locks/unlocks the side and rear doors. Every time I think I've got it.... I'm proven wrong when I try the thing again.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the bottom left inside of the slider? Pushing the bottom button of the fob once should unlock everything but the front doors all the time.

·
Registered
2021 Promaster HR 159"
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried cleaning the contactsa on the bottom left inside of the slider? Pushing the bottom button of the fob once should unlock everything but the front doors all the time.
Thanks I’ll try that

·
Registered
2021 Promaster HR 159"
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleaning the contacts as KeepOnVanning suggested above has certainly helped, although door has not worked twice, but has worked every other time- a vast improvement. I wonder though if that was it, because before I would hear a click each time I tried to open, suggesting the electrical part of this was working, ie, contact was being made, just not the mechanical part. We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
That’s very possible. The control unit in the door will click but not operate causing a similar problem.

·
Registered
2021 Promaster HR 159"
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I’ll try that
Here’s an update. Cleaning the contacts helped a lot. They need to be shiny. But also if we do not forcefully close the slider ie the sliding door window has to rattle (it’s a CRL that opens at lower third ), it will happen every time. Then the only way to open it is to crawl out front door, close all doors, and hit lowest button on fob. That works every time. Thoughts? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts