Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My slider door was working perfectly until one day I parked on a hill. After using the slider to get something out of van it will no longer shut right. It's almost like some simple adjustment is off so door isn't hanging straight. I bought it used and don't have an owner's cd/dvd. Can anyone check and see if there is a simple adjustment to make the door hang straight again? ( the lower back edge of the slider door is out when door is closed, almost as if door is off kilter) I have appt to have it looked at but mechanic says NOTHING has been easy on that vehicle. Any tips I can share with him? Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for telling me the dvd isn't much help, I almost wasted money to buy it as i have been so frustrated not knowing how to do things to the van.

·
Super Moderator
10,684 Posts
ProKat, I’m only talking about the owners DVD that comes free with the van. It’s basically just an electronic version of the paper one. I have no knowledge of a service manual DVD so I can’t commen t on that.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off kilter door was easy fix!

My slider door was working perfectly until one day I parked on a hill. After using the slider to get something out of van it will no longer shut right. It's almost like some simple adjustment is off so door isn't hanging straight. I bought it used and don't have an owner's cd/dvd. Can anyone check and see if there is a simple adjustment to make the door hang straight again? ( the lower back edge of the slider door is out when door is closed, almost as if door is off kilter) I have appt to have it looked at but mechanic says NOTHING has been easy on that vehicle. Any tips I can share with him? Thank you
Mechanic was able to fix the slider door being off kilter easily. Bottom had loosened, he just tightened it and it seems to be working fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts