Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side low beam went out, (14 gasser low roof 136") and after reading the Headlight Replacement thread, I crabbed to my friend John.
He said that he could fix it in 2 seconds and slapped the outside lense and , bigger than sh$t, it popped on!
That lasted 3 days, the I had to slap it in again.
4 days later, I had to slap it again.
What gives? Something is loose somewheres. Bulb? socket? ground wire? connector?
Pull the bucket and wiggle everything?
Should I change the bulb?
thanks for all opinions.
All replies are welcomed and encouraged.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd say change it before you bust the lens and have a bigger repair to make!

·
Registered
142 Posts
My passenger side low beam went out, (14 gasser low roof 136") and after reading the Headlight Replacement thread, I crabbed to my friend John.
He said that he could fix it in 2 seconds and slapped the outside lense and , bigger than sh$t, it popped on!
That lasted 3 days, the I had to slap it in again.
4 days later, I had to slap it again.
What gives? Something is loose somewheres. Bulb? socket? ground wire? connector?
Pull the bucket and wiggle everything?
Should I change the bulb?
thanks for all opinions.
All replies are welcomed and encouraged.
If you change the bulb be sure to check the connection at the socket. Corrosion/bad connection will do that too. Let us know how you resolve this issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Silicone dielectric grease is a good thing to put on the terminals before you plug it in. Prevents corrosion.

Reactions: MJAB

·
Registered
538 Posts
change the bulb? could be loose filament, ya think? or maybe loose wire connector?
A broken/loose filament can intermittently reconnect to give a flickering light. But then the current surges from it usually just melt it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you need to take the headlight assy out and look at the socket. chances are the socket has a bad contact/crimps. my kia had simalar problems and i keep replacing bulbs till i look at the socket and wiring. found by playing with it it had a bad crimp. just tighten it a tad its been fine since. it might be the same on your promaster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts